Sunday, May 6

PHEW!!


As the picture shows we went to a 21st birthday party last night. It was for Tara number 1 daughter. It had been planned over the last year and was to be a surprise. She hates surprises which makes it all the more fun. It was all arranged with military precision and as their were so many people involved in getting it all together there was every likelihood that someone would slip up, not least of all as the party was in the local golf club where she works behind the bar. Judith did a splendid job of arranging it all and making sure all was going according to plan and I had the easy job of just keeping my mouth shut and not letting on, a pretty hard job for me as you all know, shutting up!!! After being chaperoned all day by a couple of her friends and after nagging at them “When are we going, when are we going????”, She thought that she along with a load of her friends were getting in a Limo and going to Swansea for a nights dancing and generally making fools of themselves and that they were all meeting up at the golf club and going from there. They managed to keep her away for an extra few minutes till a couple more arrived then they set off. When she arrived at the club she was immediately spotted and followed on the CCTV so we all knew the exact minute she would walk in. They had put up a load of Happy Anniversary banners outside and in the entrance to add to the surprise then in she came to a resounding “SURPRISE” from the waiting crowd. For once in her life she was actually lost for words and had to in fact pick her jaw up from the floor. I was greeted by “You sneaky bugger why didn’t you let on?” ha ha ha!! The place was packed to the rafters with family and friends and the odd drunk we dragged in off the street. It was nice to meet up with a lot of those that I haven’t seen for quite some time. My Favourite Cousin Jacqueline and Stuart and Little Jessica, though she will kill me for calling her little as she is nearly 18 after all. My little Sis Ruth and her hubby John were there too which for those of you that know her is always an experience. She has enough energy to power the national grid for a year, I don’t know where she gets it from. It was a shame that Mum and Dad and Adrian couldn’t make it as that would have been the icing on the cake, but Mum is nowhere near safe to be let loose on the general public yet!! Only kidding Mum, you know I loves you really!!! It was a great night and by the seem of it everyone had a good time not least of all Tara who seemed to get more lively as the night went on, maybe something to do with the amount of alcohol she was chucking down her throat. Not a bit like her Dad, I just fall asleep when I’ve had a drink. I surprised myself really and managed to stay nearly till the end. I was thinking that I might manage a couple of hours before I was knackered nut managed about 4 surprisingly. It was the first time we had left Puppy at home on his own too and were dreading what we were going to come home too. When we got in and called him he wasn’t anywhere to be seen or heard. Then I heard a thud, as he jumped of the bed upstairs. He has never been upstairs before as they must look like Mount Everest to him. He wouldn’t come down on his own though and Judith had to carry him down. That was it then, ull of life and demanding play for a couple of hours, pay back for leaving him alone I recon as all I wanted was to go to sleep. It looks like he had been hunting around everywhere as things were knocked off places and moved on the floor etc but no accidents though which is a good thing. So,making more of a fuss of him today to make up for it.

Judith has just gone over the club to give a hand in getting the place back to normal as every inch of wall was covered with either blown up photo’s or banners etc etc it did look superb. I am trying to put up a load of photo’s and some of Puppy too later today when I can work out the best way of doing it so by tomorrow they should be available, then I will have to grab some more from some of the others as, silly bugger here forgot to check the batteries and they run out after a couple of minutes.

Okay, PLAY TIME!!! Here Boy!!!!!

See Ya!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hya Cous

Had really a good time. Sorry you weren't up to the break dancing though I was really looking forward to that. Never mind next time ha ha. Make sure all the photos are uploaded not just the ones YOU want us to see **** Remember I have pics too!!!!
Found our way home too!! Took an hour getting to you but 20min getting home. Bye the way I think I had my pic taken there to. There seemed to be a lot of flashes on the road ha ha ha.


Now a message for Ruth.

HOW'S YOUR HEAD!!!

Glad you didn't come too early or the bar would have been dry by midnight ha ha ha

Great to see everyone though
Sorry you missed it Auntie Mags, just as well seeing the state of your daughter.
Take care Cous
When's the next one?

See ya soon I hope

Fav cous

Anonymous said...

Like the photos - pink suits you!

Ruth said...

Well I had to drink quickly to catch up with you lot. I only had an hour to fit in a whole night of drinking before the bar shut.

It was great fun though - when is the next family party then?

Jonny5 said...

Glad to hear you all enjoyed yourselves. They stopped me dancing as i was Breaking too many things, spoil sports. I'm thinking of adding that Feather Boa to my daytime collection as it does suit me as you say Peter. I blame it on Little Sis as it's her Stem Cells causing these Feelings. These High Heels are blinking killing my feet too!!

See Ya!!

NEXT ONE??? It will take some time to get over this one as well as pay for it, but it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday wishes for Tara's daughter! 21st birthday is always very special. Hope you all had a blast.Cheers!

Jonny5 said...

She makes me laugh!! Tara is already saying things like, "its only another 9 years and i will be 30" Ha Ha Ha!!

See Ya!!