Thursday, May 31

The Future!!

I guess its been a pretty uneventful few days hence the lack of a blog. I am finding more and more these days that due to my failing mobility and of course all the other many things health wise that stand in the way, my actual expectations are less. What I mean is that maybe before my goal would be to say walk out to the kitchen and get there in one piece easily and not even have to give it a thought. I would have expected to have done this seemingly trivial task even as much as up to about 3 or 4 weeks ago, no problem. Today however is a different thing all together. Well to start with I would give it a lot of thought about even attempting it in the first place. I would only expect, and then only if all was going well on a “Good Day”, to make it to the kitchen after stopping and sitting down about 3 times to get my breath back etc. Wearing the obligatory Oxygen mask, yet still a right mess when I finally got there. So as a rule nowadays I probably wouldn’t even attempt it. All this is yet again adding to the “Not Able To Do Anymore” list as well as the “Independence Lost” list. I’m going to have to get new books soon as the list are getting larger and larger by the day. As you can imagine all this increased lack of independence is having just a little effect on the old grey matter, what’s left of it. I am trying, and somewhat succeeding, I think anyhow to deal with it and try and find positives in it??? I suppose I have by now had enough experience of all this that I should be a “Grand Master” or something?? But it never seems to get any easier. I know the general direction is heading towards having to be pretty much wheelchair and human reliant 24 hrs a day, with an hour for lunch of course, well one must eat the daily bacon sarnie, mustn’t one??? No amount of fighting this on my or anyone else’s part for that matter will change this outcome so practical thinking is required now. This is where all the problems start then. “MONEY”, the route of all evil and something that the local council/ social services etc have great difficulty in keeping control of and as a result there is none!! I would need things like, and this lot is without what I have already applied for under the DFG as in the bedroom/bathroom extension, an electric chair for a start. Door widening throughout, ramp access out the front and back, adapted kitchen, such as height adjustable worktops, hob, oven, sink etc maybe even hoists for moving around, I don’t really know as this would all be new territory for me, but I think you get the picture that ain’t gonna be cheap. I wouldn’t like to say how much the overall cost would be but having seen the usual rip off prices of any other “Medical Aid” I wouldn’t expect much change from £35.000 - £40.000.

So if anyone out there has a spare few quid they would like to donate to the “Save Jonny’s Dignity Fund” feel free to pass it on, that is unless you have a lovely already adapted bungalow you would like to let me have. I’m good at gardening, well let me put that a bit more accurately whilst you all stop chocking with laughter, I’m good at watching and ordering about other people gardening. I do make a mean bacon sarnie though and you would have an open invitation to pop by whenever for a sample.

I actually don’t think I am joking this time either!!!!

Just one other thing before I go. I have been suffering for a little while with very sore eyes, so much so that I went to see the GP yesterday and he seems to think it may be either an infection or hay fever and has given me some drops to try for the infection first then if that doesn’t work to go an to the other hay fever stuff. They are extremely painfull, so much so that I am having to pretty much permanently close my eyes to stop it being painfull. The computer has been a complete no no along with the telly too. I don’t think I would be any good at all if I was blind. I wouldn’t be able to cope. This blog has taken me hours to do through squinted eyes just opening now and then, and heavily relying on the spell checker so do excuse me if it is that bad.

See Ya!!

No comments: