Sunday, July 29

Bring Me Sunshine!!

In the words of the great double act Morecombe and Wise indeed “Bring Me Sunshine” as all this wet, changeable weather is playing havoc with my ability to breathe. In saying that too hot is not ideal either but it seems to be a whole lot better than when it’s damp.

I won’t apologise as I always seem to do for not blogging for a while because I haven’t even turned on the computer much only for the essential stuff. It seems that all my attention has been directed to staving off this blinking chest infection I have had for a while and breathing of course. I have had to spend a fair amount of time trying to sort out this new car too which although tricky and time consuming the outcome is good. I was rather concerned that as my new car would not be ready for around 8-10 weeks I would end up being unable to get out for some time as getting into and out of my present beauty is now proving almost impossible. After a lot of consultation and pleading and begging and endless phone calls I have managed to get the company, Automotive Group Ltd who are providing my new car to come and collect my present car and provide me with a hire vehicle adapted the same as my new one will be until mine is ready and what’s best of all is that Motorbilty will continue to pay for it and it should be here this week!!! So Jonny5 will be on the move again at last, LOOK OUT!!!

The other bit of I guess, “Big News” this week is the eventual OT Assessment for the grant work etc which was on Wednesday. It was quite fruitful and also a big help in the fact that at last things were actually moving. There were and in fact still are a few stumbling blocks to overcome but it looks highly likely that things will go ahead in some form or another. They of course have to firstly look into whether the house can be adapted as it is without the extension but there is no way at all. We may have problems with the water/drainage being the wrong end of the house. There are some issues over having a Bath or Shower and what type etc but nothing that I don’t think we can’t agree on eventually. I have asked to have to kitchen converted in some way to help me to safely work/cook out there as it is very dangerous at times at the moment. On a more immediate note the OT Sue Collins will be coming back next Wednesday with a couple of portable ramps for me to use to get out of the house etc until they come to build the permanent one later on and she will be bringing one of the Grants Officers with her who is a Surveyor and will have more of an idea what can and can’t be done. So after all this time things are starting to move in the right direction.

On a different tangent now, “My Health” this chest infection is continuing on regardless of any intervention on my part so when visiting Merlin at Heath Towers Friday I have got him to prescribe a different anti biotic. For those keeping record it is Augmentin also known as Co-Amoxiclav. I have taken this in the past, hell I have taken pretty much every anti biotic known to man before, with some success and some failures also but hopefully the former in this case, so again no Harveys for me for a while, drat drat and double drat!! Merlin put me on a course of Methotrxate when I saw him about 5 weeks ago to try and stop the skin gvhd from progressing further up my chest which it has been doing and it seems to have worked somewhat too, which is interesting for a number of reasons, not least of which the fact that it does somewhat prove that the skin condition is reversible and therefore this treatment in Birmingham etc may just help. A bit of positive news you will all no doubt agree. So come on then Merlin pull you’re bloody finger out and get it sorted because the clocks ticking and the meters running!!!!! Well carrying on the health route, whilst I was at Heath Towers Friday and sitting talking to Merlin actually, my breathing all of a sudden became very difficult and my chest was getting tighter and tighter and in fact had to get Judith to quickly get out my Oxygen before I flaked out. After a short while and a good old blast of oxygen I was fine although rather concerned as to what had happened. I had just moved around a little I guess after sitting still for about 3 ½ hours having my immnoglobulins and also I was sitting forward which doesn’t help as it doesn’t allow me to breathe as well. After managing to convince the staff there I would okay to get home off we headed. The journey home was fine but later on after trying to move about a bit it happened again. It soon calmed down after another shot of oxygen so after that I keep the oxygen on all night and I was fine. I did have to get Judith to stay with me all night on the chair as I was a bit scared things might get worse and even now after a day or so it still worries me a little. I had to get my Little Sis to come and sit with me yesterday whilst Judith went shopping too which was nice. I don’t help myself when this type of thing happens mind you, as all the experts will tell you, the last thing you want to do is panic as it makes it worse, so what do I always do??? You got it!! Well I suppose I will just have to keep an eye on it for now and see what happens, but in the meantime make sure there is lots of oxygen around.

See Ya!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - lots of good news! Hope the work on the house starts soon - although the dust may make life a bit unpleasant - maybe 'they' will send you on a holday while it is being done - you can go in the new car! However really pleased to hear that the methotextrate (Sp!) is working - AND apparantly reversing the skin condition - hope that continues too.

Think I've had Augmentin... along with a range of other anti-biotics.

Looks like the sun is coming out here - time to plaster on the factor 500 and venture outside!

O&U!

(Odd - the comment box has appeared in French - it must know that is where I am - Google searches go toogoogle.fr too - really confusing! Now to enter the verification du mots in the box below!

Jonny5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonny5 said...

Thanks Peter.

I was thinking that i would probably have to move out temporarily whilst the work is done and was going to look into possibilities this week. There is a rather nice Hotel Complex near here that is specifically set up for the disabled and do provide care as well if needed. John Groom has just re-opened it. This is it here,http://www.johngrooms.org.uk/page.asp?id=1096

Glad to hear your covering up well in the sun as we all know what not doing so can do. Thats a bit weird with Google etc and the comments box etc knowing where you are. That blinking big brother is everywhere!!

Hope the French Bacon Baguette is up to the usual British regulation standards or have the EU messed with that too??

See Ya!!

Ruth said...

Invoice for Care Services

Travel: 40 miles @ £1 pm = £40
Cooking lunch: £20
Washing dishes: £10
Cleaning kitchen: £10
Playing with Puppy: £10
Dazzling conversation: £100
Being nice: £200
Honour of being in my company: Priceless

Cheques and credit cards not accepted.
Please pay within 3 days.
Thank you for using this service

Jonny5 said...

Yo Sis,

I would sort of agree to nearly all of the item apart from one which does happen to be in the EXTREEMLY OVER PRICED end of the list, guess which one???

Do you tske Monopoly Money??

See Ya!!

Ruth said...

Yes I see what you mean. OK then, as a special offer one time only - cooking lunch £5.

No Monopoly money I'm afraid. I accept Paypal though ;)