Thursday, July 12

What A Difference

What a difference these last few days have been, almost like a completely positive experience, not without the odd fall back or two though to keep me on the straight and narrow. I have continued on from the last blog really and kept trying, rather successfully too, to live for today and attempt to re-gain some control over my life.

I guess the positive input I have been getting from family and friends has had an impact too as they are all behind me in this new approach even if it does mean in some of the cases that they are making more work for themselves, but they loves me I know!!!!! I’ve managed to get out and about a little as well as entertaining at home too. I had a visit the other day from Fav Cous and the queen of the old time music hall days, Aunty Josie and Craig and Jessica who really can no longer be described as kids as they are bigger than me now. They come bearing gifts of Frankincense and Myrrh, well a nice warm Bloomer Loaf and some Juicy Bacon, for my Birthday which I can tell you has been going down a treat since. It was nice to see them all as we don’t meet up that often. Mum and Dad have been spoiling me too and have been up a few times. Even coming up to cook me my tea one day and Dad has done a grand job at fixing my back gate for me. She also brought my prezzy down which turned out to be a Bread maker which just happened to be exactly the same one Judith had bought me too apart from the colour ha ha ha. Maybe I will have to increase my bacon sarnie intake to use up all the extra bread.

I’ve noticed too that the work to put slopping curbs around the estate didn’t in fact start on Monday as was promised but after a few phone calls to investigate and having got a huge apology they have started the work today which is good and should make a difference.

“BREAKING NEWS” I have just come off the phone from the Occupation Therapist. The assessment that most of you will know has been the thorn in my side all this time and has resulted in all the various people fighting on my behalf is actually going to go ahead on 25th July YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! The lovely and really helpful OT that I had 2 years ago has just returned from maternity leave and has been handed my case. I remember she was so helpful back then and really did attempt to move mountains for me so I am hopeful of some movement at long last. I will keep you all informed of what happens. I did say I will give her a big kiss when she comes but I’m rather worried now that I might have put her off coming???

I’m off to celebrate with a nice cold orange juice with maybe a little something slipped in if I can find where they have hidden it all.....

See Ya!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Cous
YYYIIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! indeed. about time. Don't let her out until they agree to start your bathroom ha ha. Glad you enjoyed your birthday present although i thought we would have been offered one of those famous bacon sarnies! But I think I can wait for "summer" (i think thats what they call it) and the BBQ that was promised.

Take care speak soon
Hope Tara has sobered up now!!
Fav Cous

Anonymous said...

Great news! Both for the fact that you seems to be more 'at peace' with yourself (if I can put it like that) and also about the occupational therapist, which I'm sure will make a difference to your physical well being - which will make a difference to your general wellbeimg - and so on! Onwards and Upwards!

Perhaps we ought to set up in business "Bacon Sarnies 'R' Us" - must go and get mine....

Anonymous said...

It's really great that you get to have the same Occupational therapist that you used to have again. Familiarity in treatment means a lot. I think that it's an under-recognized value in healthcare and therapy.

Jonny5 said...

Yo Coua, I was waiting for the offer for you to make me some to be honest just to put the icing on the cake so to speak. Never mind, you can take it from me that yours tasted absolutely wonderfull, Mmmmmmm

Peter, Great News indeed. It has given me some hope at least in getting further to the end goal in the alloted time and not having to go into penalties and the golden goal situation if you het what i mean??

AT (as it sounds weird addressing someone as Assistive Technology) sorry!! A consistant approach is as you rightly point out a very important part of the treatment. It can make all the difference i have found especially in areas that require a build up of a lot of trust. I guess a fine example is the appauling evening / weekend GP on call service, which for me is run by a neighbouring health authority who actually have no access to my notes if they ever need to see me, needless to say i avoid the service at all costs. Thanks for your input too.

See Ya!!