Tuesday, July 3

A Fresh Outlook!!

Okay then after the recent, lets face it, pretty dismal news regarding my present and more importantly future, which I say with some uncertainty, I have sort of discovered that there needs to be some pretty major changes in I suppose all aspects of life to a fashion, whether it be Physical or Emotional.

I have discovered that whereas I thought that I was plodding along trying to live each day to the full and also living for today I have actually been living for the future really. What I mean for example is that say I had an appointment at the hospital in a couple of days time and nothing really planned till then, I would be looking forward to going that I would not make use of the days leading up to it at all, such a waste, especially when faced with the possible future in store for me. So “THIS HAS TO STOP RIGHT NOW” and I have to start to living more for today. And making use of times when I have a burst of energy and knowing when to take a step back when all is not well.

As many of you will know, I have always had this issue with always pushing too hard some times more seriously than others and to be honest I haven’t done myself any favours in that department and have, although unsuccessfully, tried my best to kill myself off whilst doing so on far too many times to think about. Now though my approach needs to be along the lines of thinking, if I was to have someone help me get from the chair to the car, thus taking all the strain out of the action, then I wouldn’t get into such a state as usual and then not actually enjoy going wherever it is I am going. Simple isn’t it?? Well maybe not that simple as I have lived with this for some time now and as they say habits are hard to break. But after all, what do I have to lose?? Only everything to gain. There are after all, always ways to change things to make it easier, say moving an item of furniture out of the way that was blocking my path etc, well you all get the picture I think.

So here goes, I’m gonna give it a try at least. I really want to say, “What have I got to lose” but somehow that sounds quite negative it should be more, “I’ve everything to gain” or in the words of a World Renown Expert in all things Porky especially the Low Salt Breeds, “Onwards & Upwards”


See Ya!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great philosophy John! (Didn'y you once tell me to do what I could do at the time and not try to overdo things!) but yes - live for the moment - and bacon sarnies!

With you all the way!

Jonny5 said...

It may well have been one of the days when felt inspirational as that sounds too sensible for me ha ha.

Ah yes, Bacon Sarnies,

I'm Off!!

Anonymous said...

Just re-reading the last paragraph - I suppose it is "I have nothing to lose and everything to gain" which is a pretty good place to be!

O&U (and passd the bacon sarnie!)