Friday, July 20

Yep I think I’m still here!!

Well, I just realised that I have not been keeping the blog up to date. Especially as a few of the recent posts have shed a somewhat, although accurate derivation in my condition etc, so for those that have been Emailing, to see if all was well and if they could be any help, of which I think I have managed to respond to all of you, thanks a million for all your kind words and support, I do appreciate it and it also does help immensely at times like recently when things are, well let’s just say difficult.

Jeeez has it really been a week?? Sorry!! Okay on to the fun stuff now, well, maybe, let’s just see?? Things have been very much moving on in the direction that life seems to now be going, with a few exceptions of course else life would be such a bore. I have managed to pick up a bit of a chest infection (for a change). It’s a bit of weird one for me in that it has been getting better then worse, then better then worse for a few days now despite taking anti-biotics. Some days it is brilliant and appears to be completely gone then others are pretty bad and result in uncontrollable coughing fits all day. No rise in temperature though which is a good sign especially for all the nurses on C1 at Heath Towers who I guess right now are reading this thinking, “Oh No!!!!, he’s coming to stay”. Well let me assure you I am trying my best NOT TO come in and grace you with my presence for while, if that’s okay by you?? It has made things a little strained at times I guess in that some of the things I have been saying recently about regaining some control have gone out the window a little I that I have not wanted to get out and about much apart from things like the Day Centre on Tuesday, which interestingly was a great chance to have a long chat with my “Key Worker” ( although I haven’t quite worked out yet what she does with all these keys) Louise, about a rather interesting training course she has been on recently which was all about coping with the emotional side of both , being diagnosed and living/dying with a terminal illness. There has been a recent extremely successful pilot scheme in one of the neighbouring Health Trusts that has included automatic, immediate referral to a Psychologist at the time of diagnosis which I know personally would have made such a difference to me and would have made things a lot easier to cope with right from the start, instead of struggling on, trying to find this sort of support myself which, in a lot of ways, actually added to the emotional problems as it was quite frustrating setting things up. So hopefully this will be taken on board elsewhere as from the little I have discussed up till now with Louise it appears to be an innovative approach that works. I will try and get some more info from her when I see her again next week and I’ll post a few links to the sorts of things they are attempting to do etc in case anyone wants to know more.

I don’t know. Why do the blogs seem to just go on forever, with page after page? I guess at times there is a lot to tell you, but I will have to try and find some way of condensing them a little, even to help my mother out a little as I know she prints them all out and she is now having to think about having an extension built to store all the many volumes of previous posts, let alone the destruction of the rain forests to provide all the paper ha ha ha!!

Only one more bit of “Breaking News” of which I will go into more detail next time and that was a brilliant day out yesterday at the “Mobility Roadshow” at Kemble Airfield, which was amazingly HUGE and crammed pack full of every conceivable vehicle, scooter, motor home including one Winnebago which was simply awesome and a mere snip at £139,000, so more about this lot later including a few piccies of the new car I am getting.

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the pics! Did you get any of that Winnebago???

Hope the chest infecrtion clears up - I think you could do without a 'Holiday' at the Towers!

Owards and Upwards!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing your new car tnen I can show you mine. as regards to the rain forest, I am up to date with things I am saving all your blogs from the begining on a 4Gb memory stick, i have put them all on one stick now. it was taking tooooooo much paper.
Luv Mother