Saturday, October 27

See what I mean about planning??

The regular readers of this blog will have heard me rant on about not being able to plan ahead anymore due to my fluctuating health which can change from one minute to another never mind one day to another. This weekend is going to turn into yet another time that I have tried to sort of loosely plan to do anything only to find that my health, more specifically my dodgy chest, has scuppered any hope of going out. This time, just to add to the misery of failure the weather has turned out to be rainy all weekend which may have stopped me from going anyway, but at least it would have been more a point of choice and not dictated to me. Ah yes, the old story of being robbed again!!!!! There’s no hiding the fact that I love all things food especially the delights of a juicy bacon sarnie, much like fellow blogger Peter, a man with impeccable taste I must say. Well this weekend is “The Cowbridge Food Festival”’ just down the road from here. It has become a really big affair over the years attracting thousands of visitors over the 2 days. It’s a great place to not just feed yourself up with all the freebies being handed out at all the stores but a chance to meet up with all the local suppliers and to get some inspiration too. There are lots of stalls lining the street and it seems everywhere you look something foody is going on such as chefs showing off the expertise or the latest in must have kitchen gadgets being demonstrated and the smell is just worth going for on its own. I have been looking forward to going there for months now and although I haven’t actually planned anything in stone o had every intention spending some time there only, yet again to fall at the final hurdle. My chest has flared up yet again the last few days. It is very tight at times with a constant tickle in the back of my throat which nothing seems to be able to relieve but at other times it is like I am 60 a day smoker coughing up all sorts of unexplainable goo both of which are playing havoc with my ability to breathe which you can appreciate is not good position to be in. The oxygen concentrator has been on an awful lot the last few pumping me full of the magic gas which does help at times although it comes with its problems too such as it makes your mouth really dry so you drink more and then you pee more etc etc also it causes problems with my eyes too. What are you on about I hear you ask?? Well, for those of you unfortunate to have had to have one of those blue oxygen mask on, have you noticed the way that a lot of the oxygen, despite there being holes in the sides of the mask to stop it happening, comes out of the top of the mask, which is like holding a fan directly in front of your eyes, which when you consider that my eyes are doing a great job all on their own at staying as dry as they can be this extra help from the oxygen is not a good idea. A lot of the old masks used to have a sort of little piece of metal that went over the bridge of your nose and when pushed together stopped a lot of this happening but I rarely see them anymore, maybe its down to the fact that this little bit of metal did come off eventually and could be a hazard to small children I guess. So I have to sit there for hours with either my eyes closed or squeezing the top together and holding it there all the time. The cause of this lamest flare up is I think down to the changing weather which always causes me problems. At least my temperature is staying normal which is good indicator at least there is no fever, so it’s a case of see what happens over the next few days and then it might be a trip to see Merlin, or more likely a phone call to get him to tell my GP what to prescribe as my GP bless her is too scared to play around with any of my medication as she puts it, “I’m a Special Case”!! and she would rather leave it to Merlin.

Okay all this thinking about food has started me stomach off so I had better go and feed it. God, I miss Kya, one of my carer’s not coming on the weekend as she makes a mean cooked breakfast for me during the week but I’m left to fend for myself on the weekends and it’s not the same.

See Ya!!

No comments: