Tuesday, October 16

Some Updates For You!!


Well here goes. Let’s see how far I get writing this before me eyes pack in again. I have found that for some reason if I just look at the keyboard and not at the screen I can go on for a while, but as soon as I look at the screen it goes all pear shaped. One problem though is that you can go on and on thinking it is okay only to find when you look at the screen that you have clicked on something by mistake and opened up lots of windows instead of typing anything.

Right enough of this bull, on with the blog while I got the chance. Health wise all is sort of ticking over I guess. The chest is about the same as it usually is this time of year, up and down with the weather. The skin is just at tight and causing some pain and lots of discomfort at times. It’s getting to the point now that I am having to shuffle between chair and bed etc instead of standing and swivelling if you get my meaning. This is becoming a problem in getting into the toilet which sadly will end up in me having to give up yet another fight I have been having and that is to have a commode in the living/dining/bedroom/prison which used to be our lounge many moons ago. Hopefully though the new extension might hurry up and get built before it comes to that but it will be a close run thing I think. Things are progressing at a steady pace there though. The final plans have been drawn for the extension and the kitchen alterations too, such as the lowered hob and worktop and eye level oven etc.. He has also been told by the grants department to put the work out to tender and has said that he has given the builders a deadline of Nov 3rd for all quotes to be in, so progress indeed at blinking long last. Now I guess it’s on to the two other big issues in my life that I know you all just love hearing me rant on about. Any ideas??????? Yes, you at the back!!!.......Well done, give yourself a gold star. The Car and of course Merlin, both of which deserve a complete blog all on there own but I’m afraid my eyes won’t take it at the moment so this will have to do. Seeing as I have been at this for a while I am doing quite well and my eyes are holding out okay for now, but mustn’t speak too soon. The car then. As you know the new mobile arrived now a couple of weeks ago after they had firstly blamed me, ME!! For deciding to chose their No Deposit vehicle advertised which they had decided only came in red or blue both of which were not easily available in this country and in fact pretty much the rest of the world by the seem of it with the struggle they were having trying to get one instead of the £350 deposit metallic paint version which they just happen to have a few of in stock waiting to be converted etc. So when Motorbilty decided to pay the deposit instead of all the rental payments they would have to make they delivered the Shiny New Gold Car in 10 days. Sadly though all is not well as only you would expect from me. Firstly it took us about an hour to work out the restraining belts as the instructions were naff. Then after a week, we arrived back home only to find that Judith could not open the drivers door and was stuck inside. Luckily she managed to scramble her way out through the passenger side door else things could have been very dangerous. The RAC came and had a look and after about ½ hour of trying the handle inside and out and lifting the door etc it just popped open just as much a surprise to him as it was to us. It’s been working okay since then too so still remains a mystery. Next on the list of faults is the exhaust which is blowing quite badly making it sound like a tractor. The other problem with the exhaust is that where they have had to re route it out of the side of the car instead of the rear because they have lowered the floor it is causing lots of fumes to come into the car. The fuel tank has been changed too I think as the fuel gauge is extremely erratic, showing it full one second then a quarter tank the next which is not a good idea at all. That’s not the end of it yet I’m afraid!! The spare wheel which obviously used to be underneath is now just sort of sitting there loose in the back with me and not attached anywhere at all, which if would make a right mess if anything was to happen and we had to brake sharply. Thankfully all of this is going to be looked at by my local dealership later this week instead of having to be sent back to them useless idiots up in Newcastle. If first impressions are anything to go by the local dealership are a welcome change and seem very helpful. God this is going on a bit isn’t it.

I tell you what, I will leave the stuff about Merlin for the next blog as it will also go on a bit as there is quite a lot to say. A general picture is that he bore the brunt of a years waiting for this treatment last week with a few good and a few bad results. If it sounds intriguing to you, you are not wrong at all.

Right I’m off to rest my eyes for a bit and then I might have another go.

See Ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John
Good to have you back, we will have to get your sister to get started! good news on the extention. you could be in just after christmas, looking forward to the house warming party.
Keep up the good work.
Mother