Thursday, August 25

I Told You To Watch This Space!!
Well didn't i warn you?? things tend to happen to us in strange ways you know like all that has happened this week so far, very strange realy.
So Wednesday is here and already this week has been written off as another Bad Luck week, But Guess What ??? You'll Love this,, There's a whole heap more problems to deal with yet.
I was sat at the Computer yesterday morning when Tara (My Daughter) came in and says " do my Glands look swollen to you"?. They were up like two balloons on either side of her neck and looked very painfull. So I called the Doctor straight away to get her an appointment imeadiately to see her as due to my Immune System being quite low due to the Leukaemia treatments etc i did not want to put myself at risk of anything serious. So judith took her down the Doctors an hour later and they diagnosed that it is very certainly Mumps!! and prescribed her some Anti-Biotics and told her to come back tommorow to find out for sure if it is Mumps for sure. In the mean time i had contacted My Consultants Registra at the Hospital for some advice on what i should do in the event of it being something contageous etc and he informed me that either of us should be isollated and we should not have any contact until 7-10 days after the symptoms reseed. He explained that they may be able to find me a Bed on the Ward at the Hospital but that they were so busy that i might need to go through Accident & Emergency which could mean a Trolley in a Corridor for a couple of days (No Thanks Been There, Done That and bloody hated it) or i could make my own arrangements i.e stay at friends/relatives etc. So the fairest thing was for me to go and stay with our Brother & Sister in law in Newport some 20 odd miles away till this thing is cleared up and Judith & Tara stay at home. Not ideal but about the only possible sollution realy. So bags packed and goodbye's said off i go to Newport for a Hopefully Short time. Seems realy strange though not being able to see Judith as well as Tara not at all like being in Hospital where at least Judith would come in every day for an hour or so to see me. Now we're just having to resort to MSN Messenger and Web Cams so we don't forget what each other looks like. It'll be strange to get used to a different enviroment again and not having the Planes flying around all day and night. God i miss them already!!!!!

No comments: