Tuesday, August 30

Alls Well

All’s Well !!

Well been up the hospital today for my usual weekly Blood Tests etc and really it was quite eventful after last week episode.  I tried to pull a fast one really as I wasn’t sure whether my appointment was for 10.30 or 11.30 so I turned up at 10.30 and hoped for the best.  I was seen by about 10.45 and had my blood taken now it’s just the usual wait of about an hour. It was really busy there today so I decided to go back to the car to wait and have a bite to eat.  After sitting there for about 45 mind watching people parking in places there not supposed too and then just abandoning there cars for ½ hour or so.  See if that was me I would get clamped.  Anyhow got back to the Day Unit and it was still as busy so managed to get a stool from the side of one of them beds as there was no chairs left and waited for my turn with the doctor.  Well an hour and a ½ had gone past still no sign of it being my turn in the end it was nearly 2 hours after taking my blood that I was eventually seen, she really does have a lot of patients to get through as well as having to give advice to others and stuff I don’t know how she copes really, maybe it’s the Irish Determination in her. Well all is well my Blood counts are all fine so keep up the good work and see you next week.  In some ways it’s always a bit of an anti-climax when you come out because all that waiting around for nothing in some ways is quite strange.   So off back to Newport to meet up with Judith.  She was waiting for me and we had a natter out the back garden where it was safe because of the Mumps thing.  It was greatb to see her but strange as well because in some ways as it was all very clinical if you understand what I mean. No touching and stuff like being chaperoned.  The Prodigal Cousin came back when we were nattering so that sort put a stop on the moaning about,” well Daniels done this, Daniels done that”, get on your nerves after a bit in fact A LOT!!!  Well bloody good for Daniel.  I can see this is going to be a long week mainly spent in my Room or parked up in some park or something as I don’t think I can sit there and listen to much more without saying something and somehow I don’t think will like what I would say.  Right better get back Food is probably ready and I don’t want to keep them waiting now do I.  Do I sound ungrateful? I don’t mean to be honest it’s not that at all because I really am grateful for there hospitality and stuff.

No comments: