Tuesday, January 24

The Delivery Man

Well what a start to my week.  I was just on my way out the door to go to the doctors for a natter as I said when I suddenly remembered that Judith was expecting a parcel today, one which had been attempted on Friday and unfortunately I wasn’t in.   So coat off and feet up back on the Computer and watching all those bargains on Bid-TV,   how do they do it so cheap then???  About 2.30 I rang the courier City Link to find out where my delivery was so I gave her my details etc and waited while she checked.  She finally came back on the phone and said “Oh sorry but its still here in the depot, the driver must have forgotten it,  I will get the driver to drop it off on his way home which will be between 5 and 7pm”.  Well as you can guess I was not too amused to say the least because by now it was 3pm and the doctors surgery was closed and I was being deprived of my natter with Flo, which in my eyes would be about the only reason that I would agree to the re introduction of capital punishment.  

I had a few things I needed to get from the old supermarket chain that you all know I love, the one with ample disabled parking bays that are well policed and loads of electric chairs to get you around the store and also the most wonderful helpful staff who are happy to slave away all day and night for £5.28 hr. For some reason there are 2 Extra’s, One Large store and One Medium store all within a stones throw from here, they must be by far the biggest employer round these parts.  Well having turned up my luck had changed because as I was arriving in the car park a very nice young man in a very Large White Builders Van had just run back to it and vacated the disabled space it was occupying so I drove straight in after the customary thank you salute of 2 fingers pointing in an upwardly direction of course, well I do have a reputation to keep up after all.  I don’t know what it is about this particular store but they keep moving things about so when you’re like me and you haven’t got much energy to keep walking around you sort of plan your route mentally around the store a bit like a GPS thingy, “at the next aisle turn right”!!!  Well not only do they move things but they move them to further away aisles and like hide them where you will never find them. I swear it’s the Club card, they can keep track of what you buy and how often and then work out when you will be back for more then they strike with precision!!  

Do you know I have a feeling this is going to be a long blog today so if you want to go get yourself a Coffee and make yourself comfortable that might be wise.

Okay then back home by 4.15 after circumnavigating the store about 5 times absolutely shattered.  After unloading the FEW items I did manage to find which just happen to be the most expensive ones too, I settled back down to the waiting game again.  Tick Tock, I hate waiting for anything too which makes it that much harder.  Well 6 O’clock came and went. Then 7O’clock came and went. Then 8’oclock came and I thought right that’s it I’m gonna ring them to find out what’s happening.  So gets through on the phone eventually and after explaining all the details yet again,(do these people not have computers that they can keep track of things like this???) she informed that the Driver could not find the parcel as it wasn’t where it should be and therefore he would not be coming this evening.  WELL IF SHE DID!!!! I EXPLODED with a torrent of obscenities that I would not dare repeat on here because of fear of loosing my one and only reader that’s left, but why why why didn’t you ring me I said you had my number there because you’ve rung me back twice already, her reply was well I don’t know really, so I explained to her that not only had I given up my whole day waiting for the parcel that wasn’t ever going to turn up but I gave up my whole night waiting for it too, DO I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT TO YOU?????     Quiet at the back, no chopsing!!!!   Well the best I can do sir is get it delivered to you by 12am tomorrow.  Well I left her with a very clear picture of my thoughts about the service, the company she works for, the name they call her children who have no father, the price of petrol nowadays, the lack of disabled bays where you need them, the latest score in the tennis etc etc etc. I think she got the picture anyway.  

I managed to console my anger with a little tipple of the Harvey’s Variety and settled down to night of well the usual really Computers and telly, just for a change : )   I have to take this opportunity to apologise to all those Computeach students who may have stumbled onto this site out of complete boredom and hey I don’t blame you,  who I might have upset last night in the Chat rooms as unfortunately they bore the brunt of my anger well at least till the refreshments started having an effect!!  

“URGENT UPDATE”

The eagle has landed I repeat the eagle has landed, Hey the parcel is here compete with stickers telling me where its been and on what shelf blah blah and actually whenthy said it would be too eventually, but if they think they can buy me off that easily they got another thing coming, I starting the letter of complaint as we speak.

See I did warn you it was going to be a long one today and I was not wrong!!

Right consider your ears well and truly Bashed today.

See ya tomorrow if you’re mad enough for some more and I promise not a mention of parcels in sight,         well maybe just a little one!!!!

Jonny

No comments: