Tuesday, July 11

A Good Time Was Had By All!!

Hi there pop pickers!! I’m back from my epic journey to the land of the skirt wearing man, Scotland.

It seemed quite strange as I’ve been so looking forward to this weekend for the last 2 years and then suddenly it’s here and it’s also gone so quick too. This has been my only allowable long term plan I have allowed myself as I found that every time I have planned anything I usually end up being ill and in hospital so I have shall we say, much smaller goals but to be honest even they have failed to be achieved due to the nature of this beast.

We had decided to set off around 5am on Friday to drive up so I thought I would try and go to bed around 8pm to at least get a couple of hours sleep in readiness. Well what a waste of time that was!! I just lay there wide awake till 4am then I had to get up and take my pills and get ready to leave. We had quite a good run up there with no hold ups at all. We made the 350 odd mile trip in 6 hours including 4 stops on the way which was pretty good.

The Hotel was quite nice and I think what really made the difference was that they had completely taken over the hotel for the weekend so it made it feel a lot more friendly and personal somehow.

I wasn’t quite in the best of health, well not as good as I would have liked to be anyhow. I suppose it was a lot to expect myself to do and it resulted in me getting quite tired and worn out easily. The whole wedding experience was something special and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world apart from the minor point of the weather. The ceremony itself was held outside on the lawn and sadly just as it started the heavens opened and I had to make a mad dash, or rather Judith had to push me at full speed back into the hotel porch to watch the remainder of the ceremony in the dry. I must say that I was devastated. After all I had managed to survive the last 2 years to enable me to achieve this goal of getting there and the bloody rain had to come and trip me up at the last hurdle. This put a bit of a dampener on the proceeding afterwards and I ended up getting quite emotional later on when the flood gates opened. it was nice to catch up with the rest of the outlaws too as they are all spread out so we don’t see a lot of each other.

The trip back was about the same as going up only that it took ½ hour longer due to them deciding as usual to move some huge digger thing taking up 2 lanes on the M6 on a busy Sunday afternoon.

I was absolutely knackered when we got home. I suppose it will take a few days now to recover from the week end and thankfully I have a quiet week as far as hospital visits go. I had a PUVA session yesterday morning which in some ways I could have done without as I was missing some much needed sleep and I don’t have anything else now till Friday when I have another PUVA session. I’m up to a staggering 1 minute 12 seconds now. It’s actually beginning to do something, well I think it might be anyhow. The itchiness seems to be very very very slightly less than before however the tightness is no different at all which is annoying. The nurse was saying that I should be starting to see some changes real soon so I hope she’s right as I could do with a break now.

Believe it or not I still haven’t managed to take any pictures of my new limo. I had every intention of doing so when we were away but I kept waiting for the sun to come out so it would show it off to perfection bud sadly it never came out all weekend so I never got to take any. I will try and get some done this week as according to the weather man we are in for some good weather this week, although I will have to go get it washed first as it’s looking a bit dirty after the trip. I’ll also had to get round to posting some piccy’s of the happy event too. She looked really special in her dress, yikes that must be my Sis’s hormones kicking in. I’m Off!!!!

See Ya!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home cous

glad to hear you had a good time you say the weather wasn't too good but think positive
YOU MADE IT !!!!!
by the way you mentioned her dress but what about his... you know skirt. did you follow in the family tradition and wear a mirror on your shoes ha ha ha ooppss i'm giving away our secret. must be the mothers genes coming out not the fathers. ha ha ha
take care and HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
FAV COUS

Anonymous said...

Brilliant you did it - a long term goal achieved! Shame about the weather, but delighted you had a good time. Perhaps that is a corner turned, especially if the PUVA is starting to kick in!

Onwards and upwards!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes - Happy Birthday - whenever it was!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes - Happy Birthday - whenever it was!

Jonny5 said...

Thank you Cous and peter. The birthday sort of came and went with nothing really happening which seems to be the fashion when you get to my time of life Ha Ha!!

I did feel sorry for them guys in their Kilts as it wasn't exactly warm.

I must admit Peter I am trying to see it as a Major goal accheived as you say, and to also use this as inspiration to keep on fighting. Next goal will probably be to try and complete this Computer course, well at least start to get it going as it's been quite a while since i did any work on it.

See Ya!!