Monday, July 24

Lazy Hazy Days!!

Well I suppose mainly due the problems I’m having at the moment with both my chest and this sickness thing which incidentally is still causing me problems although it is a lot easier, I decided to have a do nothing, chill out weekend of total relaxation. I guess one of the factors in making this decision too was that my favourite TV Chef, Rick Stein was on all weekend on the food channel so it was to be a learning weekend too, Yeah Right!! Who am I trying to kid??? I can sit here and watch cooking programmes all day and night much to the annoyance of Judith at times. I may not try all the recipes on offer but have found some real gems along the way and lots of tips on doing things better etc so it doesn’t all go to waste.

Can I take this opportunity to say big CONGRATULATIONS to Sarah and Sheri in their new posts on the ward. I’m sure their valuable experience will come in handy when helping patients and relatives through this. I’m so pleased it’s them too as they are great and really approachable too. Penelope, I’m sure you are so happy too. Making steps towards a smoother journey. Missing you all on the ward too, although not envying you in that heat. Are the air conditioners working as well as they are in the day unit NOT??? I’m quite sure it will only be a matter of time before I will darken your doorstep once again so make the most of the good times!!!!

I’m beginning to think that this stomach thing maybe something like trapped wind. Sometimes when this wave of pain starts it results in a burp (Or the other end) and the pain goes away. I know I do apologise if you’re trying to eat your supper at this time but you have been warned about these outbursts before haven’t you?? It’s nowhere near as bad as it was so things are looking up but that in itself makes it more annoying as I will always wonder what it was and what caused it Grrrrrrr!!!!!!

PUVA today was a laugh!! They have decided to close one of the car parks next to the one I use at Glamorgan House which results in 50 odd less available spaces. So parking was a nightmare. Thankfully Tara came with me as we were going to go food shopping afterwards, so I waited till 5 mins to then go and parked in the main out patient’s car park and got Tara to push me in the chair back to Glamorgan House. I’m up to a whole 1 minute and 40 seconds now, aren’t you impressed??? I can actually feel the heat coming from the tubes whereas up till now it seemed by the time the tubes had warmed up it was time for them to go off. My skin was not so bad over the last few days, as in not as itchy which is always a good thing. I suppose with being pushed around a lot more now that I’ve got my little helper to come around with me, I cant tell really whether my skin is tighter or looser for that matter, as I’m not walking around as much which is when I would notice it most. Maybe I’ll have to go for a walk around the block to see, YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quite busy hospital wise this week. A couple of PUVA sessions and a mammoth day at the dental school too. They are going to fit another tooth to my bottom denture so I have to go first for an appointment at 9am then I have to back again at 4pm to finally fit it properly as in fine tune it ect… I guess the benefit of this is that along with Tara I’m going to use this time in between for some vital Retail Therapy and possibly a visit to a certain somebody. Somewhere.

I’ll leave you all guessing who will have the great honour of allowing me to visit with them, one thing I guess though is , Peter I think you might be safe as I don’t think I would make it there and back in time Ha Ha Ha!!!

Right that’s enough I’m off to work on tomorrows recipe Lancashire Hotpot Mmmmm

See Ya!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cous

Good news 1min 40 seconds wow neary a whole two mins... what you going to do for two mins >>>

Ps by the way did i tell you i have moved....... ha ha .. I think it is somewhere near peter... Wherever that is. ha ha ha

Take care
fav cous

Anonymous said...

I'd better keep a look out for that shiny new car then! :-)

Anonymous said...

Not seen a post for a while - hope all is OK...

Ruth said...

Hiya Pete
John is OK, or at least as OK as he ever is. He is just really busy with hospital appointments at the moment. He is in Heath Towers most days for the last few weeks visiting the various clinics. He has started his Lung rehab too so that happens a couple of times a week.
Take care
Ruth