Monday, September 18

I'M BLOODY ANNOYED!!!!

Let me start by apologising for that outburst but I think in this instance it is well called for.  

Well as I was saying yesterday I was due to be going to see the Wizard today via the wonderful Hospital Transport system.  As I have had a lot of experience with their inadequacies over the last couple of years I was up bright and early.  In fact I was washed, dressed, wheelchair ready, bag packed with essential items such as a drink and some Yummy bacon crisps and even had my shoes on ready by 8 am even though they would probably not be here till around mid day.  The door bell was checked as that sometimes plays up and the inside door and room door were left open so that I could hear if they just knocked the window etc.  I had both my hearing aids in and turned up full blast so you could say that all bases were covered.

Well I waited and waited and waited until about 12.45 I rang to see if they were actually coming for me today bearing in mind my appointment was for 1pm and at best it will take about 35 mins to get there and that was by helicopter they were cutting it short.  I got through to the wonderful and efficient NOT ambulance control office at Heath Towers and I suppose I should be grateful at east you get to speak to a human (of sorts) and not just one of those automated things only to be told that it had been recorded that there was no reply at the address.   WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!   That was it I went crazy with him telling him there was no way that anyone had come within spitting distance of my house at all and explained all the measures I had put in place to make sure I was going today, hell I even shaved my patchy head in readiness last night  and that really is special.  He was adamant that they had called .  I explained to him that they have almost certainly called at the wrong address and I know which one it s too as every time there has been a problem and strangely it only happens to the Ambulances that they send they call at the same number but the wrong road .  The problem is that I live on like a path rather than an actual road.  Strangely though the taxis and all other delivery people seem to find it easy enough.  I ended up getting so wound up and frustrated at this guy’s attitude that I had to put the phone down and calm down.  He was trying to put the blame on me for not giving them directions, WHAT CANT THEY READ A BLOODY MAP?????  The other annoying thing is the house they usually call at has written around the side of it the name of the road it is actually on and not the road I live on if they can be bothered to look.

When I had calmed down a bit I rang up the day unit to explain what had happened and they were wonderful and understanding and subsequently have had to book 2 further appointment.  The first being   this Thursday to see one of Merlin’s underlings then again next Monday to see the Wizard himself so 2 more opportunities for hospital transport to show there total incompetence again.

All this is not doing my chest any good at all!!

To top it all I had a frantic phone call for dear Sister, Ruth not long after all this was happening to find out if I was alive and not slumped on the floor dead or something.  My mum was up Heath Towers this afternoon too and decided as she had some time to kill would ask at the Hospital Transport office in the Concourse if I had actually been taken back home yet and if not she would come and hunt me down somehow either at the day unit or on the ward or more likely grabbing a bite to eat downstairs.  Well they just told her that they had turned up here and got no reply and she knew from the phone call I had with her last night that I was really up for going today and was gonna be prepared. So she put one and one together and come up with three and started to panic.  She rang Ruth and got her to contact me to find out.  Ha ha ha ha..     Well I can laugh now but I bet she wasn’t laughing at the time.  They had actually spoke to me before she had asked them so why in the hell didn’t they explain this and not let her worry like this.   Oh I don’t think I am going to be able to hold back when I go up there on Thursday.  Fists will fly I think, so watch this space!!!!!

See Ya!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er - haven't they heard of telephones? Couldn't they call to see where you are when you go the wrong address? Grrrr - how frustrating! (My only experience was when Guy's ordered a Taxi to take me home to Southampton) I dozed off when we got onto the M25 - I woke 40 minutes later to find we were STILL on the M25 heading towards the Dartford Tunnel, having 'missed' the M3!!! (That was after transplant 2)

Pity about the stair lift - I should have guseed you might have investigated that!

O & U!

Anonymous said...

AAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!! Don't you just love them...
HYA COUS
I know what you mean though .. yesterday an ambulance called at my next door elderly neighbours house at 8.30am. I know for a fact they don't get up early as a rule... so i was concerned.. I went to the door to see if everything was ok. then the driver said it's ok love (tut tut i'm not his love)!! I got the wrong house.. yes so unfortunately if they can make a mistake on a road like mine..... then sorry cous you got no chance. GIVE THEM STICK COUS Like only you can... SUE THEM... DO ANYTHING..... but GET THEM WASTERS.... i won't start on the lifts...... my lot are up and down the stairs three times before the lift doors opens... it must be the slowest lift in the world...
unless of course...you know better ... (I'm sure you will ) ha ha ha Take care
fav cous....

Jonny5 said...

Telephones you must be joking that costs money and you know how much the Health Authority doen't like wasting money!!!

yo cous,i can assure you they got their fair share of stick from mr today especially the donut i spoke to originally on monday to say they had called. it was a weird feeling whe i went to the control office to tell them i was ready to go home. there must have been about 10 of them in there and they all stopped what they were doing when i told them my name, ha ha it went sort of deadly silient that is till i started on about mondays fiasco then they all suddenly had something a bit more urgent to attend too rather than speak to me but i made sure they all heard my point of view alright!! now thats an idea for a pet project. visiting various places and checking out the usability and speed of their lifts!!! and then naming and shameing the worst on here as some of you know i have a worldwide reputation for brutal honesty as only i can do!!

See Ya!!