Friday, January 19

Well the Military have finally decided where the new Tri-Service training Academy will be built and its coming here to St Athan where I live in the 3rd pothole from the left 50 metres up the runway. As per usual the English were straight on their soap boxes screaming foul play as they always do if Wales ever win any big contracts instead of them. It will obviously mean a lot of inconveniences during the building work as well as afterwards when they are expecting around 10,000 personnel to be on site. They are expecting around 5,000 jobs and also putting £16 Billion into the local community which seeing as the Vale Council are so much in the Do Do at the moment will no doubt come as a blessing. The overwhelming deciding factor in the Metrix, St Athan bid was the fact that it would all be done on one site therefore cutting down costs overall. I don’t believe that there is nowhere in England where this could be done also yet none of the bids submitted took this into account. It has a long way to go and in fact they are not expecting it to be fully functional till around 2017 so I will just have to wait for my slap up meal in the restraints their planning or watching a movie in the cinema or even, heaven forbid, have a jog around the Olympic size track or a swim in the pool either, all of which are planned to be built as part of the Academy and it appears that these things will be “outside the wire” as they call it which means accessible to non-service personnel.

Okay then on to more gory stuff. For some blinking reason this last, well about 5 days or so, I just haven’t felt myself. Now I know you can apparently go blind from doing things like that but still… Seriously, it’s been quite strange. I have lost and regained then lost again my appetite, I don’t seem to have a great deal of energy and in spite of this though I haven’t been sleeping too well. My chest has been playing me up a little too. Quite wheezy at times and I had this annoying tickly cough which I just couldn’t get rid of. In fact it has nearly made my sick through coughing so much at times. I have felt really warm although my temp has not gone over 37 degrees and my poor old thermometer has had a right bashing as I have been checking it every other hour or so. Do you know that feeling when you just can’t be bothered to do anything at all, well it’s like that at the moment. So much so, that I would just sit here and be spoon fed and get whoever had drawn the short straw probably Judith to lift the drink to my lips too as even that is an effort at the moment. I’m hoping that the dose of “The Good Stuff” Immunoglobulins, I’m getting this afternoon will make a bit of a difference, it does sometimes.

I managed to get for a little while yesterday. Jude took me into Llantwit Major just for a few odds and ends. We saw lots of odds but no ends though!!!! I had my first attempted freefall out of the Scooter whilst we were there. I was trying to get from the road onto the pavement at a section where there were these sloping bricks. Well silly bugger went up side ways sort of instead of straight and as a result started to tip and make a b-line for freedom out of the side of the Scooter. Luckily Judith was walking right alongside me otherwise it would not have been a pretty sight indeed. She managed to stop me mid flight so to speak thankfully. I took every little bump with caution from then on I can assure you.

Okay then I had better make a run for it as I have to go and have my “Good Stuff” at Heath Towers. Should be fun, will take around 3 hours sat there on a drip then they have to take out my Pic-Line too which should be quick though.

See Ya!!

No comments: