Wednesday, January 24

I have just been catching up on fellow Blogger Peter as he has been hiding away in Southampton Hospital for about 10 days or so. He’d managed to get himself in a rather dehydrated state and as his counts were so low was a bit of a sitting duck for any nasties floating around the place. After he had been released he attended Guys for his usual chat and treatments etc only to be told, I guess probably the one thing that everyone facing such an illness / disease dreads deep down. They have decided that in their opinion any further treatments would be futile and of no use and that all they can offer from now is palliative care. He and his family must obviously be devastated, I know I would be, and they will of course need to summon up any little glimmer of strength to fight this thing. It does go to show how fragile our existence on this planet is. My heartfelt thoughts go out to them all. Peter has been an inspiration to me for some time now and I have considered myself lucky to know such a wonderful man. His courage knows no end and I know that he will endeavour to fight to the very end as he always says, ”Onwards & Upwards”

I guess it’s at times like this that I reflect on the journey I have made so far in my short life. Not just the last few years since the diagnosis but from birth or more likely from my teens as I’m not sure about you but I don’t remember a whole lot of detail about things like my 1st birthday party etc etc. I suppose I could explain the path I have taken as windy and rocky, probably no more so than the next person, well maybe not????? At the end of the day it is all of these life experiences that go to make up the person you are today. I tend to try and search deep down inside myself for all the strength to continue on with the fight. A little self analysis can be good for you I find although a lot may well not be, especially with some of the stuff flying around in my head at times which is not safe for public release.

If you’ve a spare minute please pop onto his blog and send him your thoughts and support as I am sure it will be appreciated.

See Ya!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you John, I guess it is utual support, because your comments and huour have been an inspiration to me!

Anonymous said...

(mutual support and humour! (This keyboard!!!!

Jonny5 said...

glad i could be of some use. You must have bought your keyboard from the same place as me then ha ha!!

Jonny5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.