Tuesday, January 30

Sadly I didn’t manage to get to the Relaxation class this morning as when I woke up I felt dreadful actually. Extremely nauseas and even after taking the anti sickness pills I didn’t feel much better so decided not to risk making a mess of the car on the way and instead put my feet up and chill out for the day.

The last few day I have been watching a few programmes, well not quite programmes as such, more like advertisements on one of the many hundreds of shopping channels. Now I know before you all start on about how sad I must be watching such drivel, I strongly believe that these types of programme are great if you want a bit of cheering up as most if not all of them are so unbelievable and the presenters are so committed to them it is hysterical. More specifically I have been watching programmes selling learn at home study courses in things like “Making your first Million pound”, or “The secrets of psychology”, you know the type of thing, all aimed at getting rich quick. There was this rather interesting sales pitch from I think his name was Bill Procter who was trying to sell you one of his programmes on some way or other to make money and he kept repeating this same thing over and over again about the fact that we all make choices in life which as a consequence of this decision the path we then follow is determined. Well this is not that strange an observation until you get into it as deep and as literal as he was saying. Even things like we choose each week, if we are lucky to be in employment that is, to accept our pay packet as being enough. We choose to pay the prices supermarkets ask for their goods. I know this may not be so thought provoking in itself as our answer would be, if we didn’t like it we would shop elsewhere. Okay think about this, what if we wanted to buy something from shop A but pay the lesser price that shop B is charging, how could we do it and in fact even why would we want to do it? Well, why is pretty obvious isn’t it, but how somehow appear completely alien to us.

Do you know that feeling, when you wish you had written down what you were thinking at the time as you will never remember it later, well I am feeling that now. When I started out on this posting I knew exactly what I was going to say and it all made sense, but now I come to write it I cant blinking remember what I was thinking and as a result I have my first experience of writers block I guess. Ah well shame not to post it as I’ve spent a while on writing it and besides I could always update it at a future time when I remember, if I remember.

The one point I will make, that I can remember is that I did not part with any of my hard earned cash on any of these courses, instead I did a bit of searching and managed to find most of it Online and FREE!!!! I do love a good bargain!!

See Ya!!

No comments: