Monday, February 19

WOW!!!!! Check out this ground breaking thinking by “The Man Who Can” Mr Blair. The story’s HERE. He has used the single brain cell that was left following his Lobotomy Operation in the George Bush Memorial Hospital last year to come up with an amazing idea to get the NHS to work more efficiently. The idea is to use things like the Operating Theatres in the evening and weekends to try and cut down waiting lists etc. Now you may call me “Mr Cynical” or quite probably something much worse, but I was thinking this very same thing when I first popped my head out into this cruel world all those years ago. It has always seemed senseless to me why operations are only more or less done Monday – Thursday 9-4 and some occasionally on a Friday, that is obviously apart from emergencies. As you know I have ranted on about this on quite a few occasions as I think it is such a waste and with no real excuses why it can’t be done, well apart from the darling Consultants beauty sleep being disrupted or more like reducing the time they have spare to see to their Private Patients. If you think of it mind you, the consultants Private Patients are mainly NHS Patients that are not prepared to wait to sometimes months or even years to have the treatments needed, so it is in the consultants interest to not push this longer, more efficient use of services forward is it? Why should they think they have this overall power over how the NHS is run just because they are the ones doing the things like operations etc as the way I see it they are only another cog in the wheel along with all the others like nurses, porters, cleaners, catering staff etc and should have no more clout.

The main problem I can see which will almost certainly stop this revolutionary thinking going ahead and that’s the funding from the Primary Care Trust as at the moment they are having to cut back on some non emergency operations etc due to lack of available funds, so where the money is going to come to pay for all this extra work etc is a complete mystery. Maybe a huge hike in Income Tax or there is always the route of Private Insurances being used to contribute towards the cost of operations, at least that way the fairness will be that the people actually using the service will have to pay for it and if you don’t use it you don’t pay for it. I admit this will cause all sorts of other problems but you show me a system that will not cause any??

Ah well!! On a lighter note my appetite appears to be well and truly back much to the Local Tesco’s stores delight. They were beginning to worry about the loss of takings resulting in my not buying much food of late. They don’t have to worry no longer, it’s my turn to worry now as I have to find the money to pay for it all. You don’t think of things like that until you come across them. I recon that all people on Steroid Treatments ought to receive an allowance to use towards the extra cost of food needed to satisfy the maddening rampant appetite you get whilst on them. My ailments are all behaving themselves too at the moment which makes a change, so not a lot to report their either. I’m not up to much this week either as Jude is on a first aid course all week and so getting out and about becomes a bit difficult to say the least if not impossible at times. I am going to another session of Relaxation tomorrow which will require me having to try and put my scooter together when I get there which although I have seen done a few times I have never attempted it on my own so that should be lots of fun. At least if I get stuck there should be plenty of people around in the centre to lend a hand if I need it.

Okay off to try and hassle the Social Services again, wish me luck!!!

See Ya!!

No comments: