Wednesday, February 28

Relax & Enjoy The Ride!!


Hi there fellow blog land people. I just thought I had better write something as I’ve been a little quiet of late I know, but to be perfectly honest my life has been somewhat boring lately. What I mean really is that my health has not been causing me many problems, if any and I haven’t really been back and fore Heath Towers for any poking and prodding although in saying that I am up there at the end of this week for a double whammy!! I am having my usual 6 weekly dose of Immunoglobulins then I’m going straight in to see Merlin afterwards although I am hoping that I may be able to see him whilst I’m at the Day Unit having my infusion as that will save no end of time, or at least get them to take all the usual bloods that he wants whilst I’m there. So fingers crossed for me then pretty please!!!!

I’ll tell you what I have been doing this week and that is having my usual Reflexology with the delightful Judy. I actually have a session every other week and the other week I go to same place, “George Thomas Hospice” but go to a Relaxation class instead. I have always found both of these sessions extremely helpful and I guess although they are very similar I seem to feel quite different after each one. Usually after the Relaxation session I come away feeling quite alive and if I could walk I guess I would have “a bit of a spring in my step” as they say. It doesn’t quite work the same in the scooter though. After the Reflexology session though I usually come away absolutely shattered and weak. All I want to do is curl up and sleep, which as you can guess might cause a bit of a problem if I’m trying to drive at the time. Thankfully Judith comes with me to most of the sessions so at least she can drive home afterwards. I have had a number of strange feeling / experiences whilst having Reflexology which thankfully have all been nice ones although I know you can also have the opposite too, I’ll have to stay away from them!! I actually had one this week. We were probably half way through the session and I was very relaxed with my eyes closed and I guess bordering on the edge of falling asleep or staying awake when all of a sudden I felt this like very fast spinning at the base of my spine, somewhat like a small Catherine Wheel, it was really warm too. Then in a matter of milliseconds it shot up my spine and felt like it had just disappeared out of the top of my head. I think I might have startled Judy a little as I sat up bolt upright with eyes wide open ha ha ha!! It was a really nice feeling all warm and somewhat tingly. Most of the other feeling I have had in the past have been quite similar as in they have felt either warm or comforting or even the one time made me shout out with laughter much to the surprise of the poor woman treating me at the time. Next week I am going to have a bit of a day trip to get to the session. I am going to get there by train on the scooter which is something I have never done; well in fact I think it must be about 15 years since I even went on a train. I have looked into it and it is all possible such as access etc and besides that I can stop off in Cardiff on the way for a little retail therapy as I will have to change trains there anyhow. I’m quite looking forward to it now, I know it sounds really sad but it’s like a whole new exiting adventure for me. I was thinking of maybe taking pictures along the way to prove that I have managed to do it by myself so I may well be posting them next week so keep a look out.

Okay then I is off to watch “Dragons Den” and maybe a Bacon Sarny or two.

See Ya!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wotcha

so how'd it go? I often get on a train in an electric wheelchair, to see signs saying that they don't take scooters - did you make it?

a fellow crip

Jonny5 said...

I will let you know as i am not going till next tuesday. I have rang and spoke and been given definate confirmation from all sorts of train departments and the ompany operating the service Arriva Trains, that all the stations i will be using are all aesessible and i made a point of saying to them all that i will be using a Battery Operated Scooter. Every one of them said there were no problems using one either so you have got me worrying now. Ah well if all else fails i will have loads of time to sort out getting to the Relaxation Session whih isn't till the afternoon.

See Ya!!

Anonymous said...

good luck with it

if they cock up at least you'll get the journey for free (on their passenger charter)

By the way, I don't think Mr Smith is a crip? otherwise he may be more up for sorting things out!!

a fellow crip
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk