Friday, June 1

Look And Learn Mr Smith MP!!

I had a visit yesterday from Local Councillor John Thomas and Ken Evans (Officer For Highways) from the Local Council, to view the situation regarding the lack of sloped curbs around the area. As some of you may have read a while back, John Thomas had already visited and indeed came for a drive around the area to see first hand what I meant and did say at the time that he would get in touch with them to try and sort this out. Well, bearing in mind my experience recently dealing with MP’s and Councillors has not exactly been an enjoyable one, in fact it has been very tedious and pretty much a complete waste of time, I was not putting much faith in him actually being able to do anything, that is if he could be bothered to try in the first place. How wrong could I be??? I will explain why now. He has replied to every single email sent and promptly too. He has made contact with various people he said he would to sort It out. He has actually been to see me personally to try and get an accurate picture etc etc which sadly NOT ONE of the, dare I say it, HIGHLY PAID MP’s has done. Okay back to the visit. We had decided that at least to start with, it may be an idea to have a look at the places where a sloped curb will make the most difference for me in particular as after all we all know it comes down to funds being available or not to actually do the work. The first area we got to in a couple of minutes was I thought going to be a tricky one as the pavement on one side of the road had not been adopted by the council and therefore was not their responsibility. Well blow me!! After a quick look the response from Mr Evans was, “No Problem. We will have that done within the month”. I couldn’t believe it. No having to fight or anything, just a straightforward no problem. Well we carried on to another couple of areas which again would be very much needed to be sloped in order to allow me and others of course to get off the estate all of which came with the same reply. In all 3 areas are to be sloped consisting on 5 slopes, I know this seems weird as there should be 6 but for some strange reason a slope was put in earlier on one side of the road but not on the other. A ploy I recon to get you out on to the road so they can run you over. Ha has also agreed to come up with a long term plan to slope all the curbs into the village, therefore making it accessible to people, which I guess will involve about 20 odd slopes and even I don’t expect that to happen overnight, at least he is aware of the problems and is willing to try and address them, which is a refreshing change after all the negativity of late.

So may I take this opportunity to THANK YOU, Councillor Thomas for at least partially restoring my faith in the Political / Local Government system.

I really must learn to bloody sit still. My chest has been fine this morning up till now, until I decided to go to the toilet a marathon of some 6 steps or so. By the time I got there I was a blubbering wreck, struggling for breath again and then I had to eventually return which made things just that much worse. After about 30 mins or so when I eventually regained enough composure to be recognised as one of the Homo Sapien species I’m left with a rattle snake chest from hell Argggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On e small slope for man, one big slope for mankind! Congratulations!

Sorry to see from the previous post that health seems to be geetting worse. I am completing a lottery ticket each week, so when £N million comes my way, we might be able to sort out rthe house adaptations. At the risk of making a joke in poor taste though, I wouldn't hold your breath!

Chin up - keep fighting!

Peter

Jonny5 said...

I appreciate it thanks. I've got my fingers crossed for you too. My problem is not so much holding my breath but actually producing any to hold in the first place ha ha!!!

My chin or should i say countless chins due to the blinking steroids are well and truly up yeah!!

See Ya!!