Tuesday, June 12

The Eyes Have It!!

In the words of the Speaker Of the House in that Dream World where all the puppets go to play, the eyes very much do have it indeed. Before i drive you as insane as me i must point out what the hell I'm on about. I finally got round to attending the Eye Clinic at Heath Towers after months and months of waiting and countless appointments being canceled by them, not me i must add. The original reason for the appointment was to investigate an apparent infection i had at the time which obviously has long gone since. In fact i have probably had 2 or 3 since then but as my eyes are still pretty bad at the moment it is a bit needed. It didn't start off too well. I was shown into a room to check my eyesight and placed in front of this kind of mirror, reflecting a series of letters which i guess a lot of you will have experienced before. Well, after placing this kind of cover over my left eye she asked me to read out the letters. I was looking and looking for them but said that i couldn't see any at all which was true. She looked rather confused and alarmed and after a little maneuvering of the mirror the penny dropped and i realized that she wanted me to read out the letters being reflected in the mirror and that they were not in fact printed on the back of this cover she had put over my eye. Ha Ha Ha!!! What a plonker!! In to see the Registrar then. He set about poking and prodding around in both eyes before giving me his expert opinion. He has said that i actually have Graft Versus Host Disease of the eyes, something i never knew you could actually get. It results in you getting large areas of dry dead skin on the surface of your eyes causing all sorts of irritation. On the plus side at least i don't have an infection, but the downside is that i have to put in Lubricating drops every hour to keep them moisturized. This may reduce a little in time as the lubricant will build up some sort of layer but even then i will probably end up needing it about 4 times a day and for life sadly as it is a permanent thing. So just when i thought i didn't have anything else left for this lurgy to attack yet again i was proven wrong. The pain has eased a little thankfully but i just have to put up with everything being sort of blurry for about 20 minutes every hour which is fun whilst it breaks down a little. I must just add a note on the usual hassle involved with such an outing as this and thats the amount of bloody waiting around involved. The actual time spent in the company of the doctors or nurses and then on to the pharmacy was maybe around 25 minute yet i was up there along with my p.a for about 4 ½ hours. Very frustrating in the least.

I had a great day today again at the New Horizons Day Centre or as the beloved daughter calls it “Day Care”, cheeky git!! i haven't said a lot about them yet i know but they won't escape the blog for too much longer I'm sure. They're a lovely bunch and so friendly and talkative too, which all helps to make you feel settled, and the foods nice too. I think i will begin to make my mark soon in corrupting their minds with all the drivel I've inflicted on all of you for so long long now, i think they may be about ready now for some hard core Jonny5 Ranting!!! Wish them luck poor souls!!!

Okay more eye drops needed as i cant see the blinking screen anymore.

See Ya!!

p.s HIYA LOUISE If YOUR READING THIS!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Cous

What are you like!!! Typical of you to read the wrong thing. I do hope these drops will help to soothe the eyes a bit. I use them as this lousey illness can effect the eyes and find them a relief although mine are not as bad as yours they do help for a time. I have been there at the eye clinic,what a waste of a day. The ENT are not much better!!

Give me the address of the "Day Care" ha ha I think they need a WARNING of sorts. It's just what you need although i am suprised they are "a talkative bunch" as you say, I am suprised they can get a word in edgeways once you start. ha ha ha
Wish them good luck from me...
Take care

Fav Cous

Jonny5 said...

Howdy Cous,
Hope you're all okay. I think the fact that i have them all tied up at Day Care with a gun pointing at their heads makes them speak a bit. I save all my ranting for you lot as i think by now you could probably take it a bit more, although i'm not sure at times??

Bar b soon maybe, i'll have to let you know when.

See Ya!!

Anonymous said...

Yo cous

bar b would be good if only for the bacon butties!!!!
see you soon

take care

fav cous.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonny,
If you feel like reaching out beyond your blog, the European Commission is running a website asking for suggestions for the sorts of policies they should be adopting in the field of Information technology to help build a more inclusive society. As you use the technology already you might have some useful ideas or comments. The address is www.ipolicy.eu
Best wishes
Richard

Jonny5 said...

Thanks for that Richard. I will have to have a look around there as i'm sure i will be able to find a few policies that they should be considering maybe starting with something simple like Always telling the truth or speaking to your electorate !!!

See Ya!!