Wednesday, June 20

Wrong Or What??

How wrong is this?? An elderly resident at a nursing Home, whose rights are not considered to be covered under the European Human Rights Act, yet some bloody religious fanatic, who decides to take it upon himself to strap a bomb on his/her back and set it off in a crowded place killing possibly hundreds of innocent people in the process is!!! This surely is not morally right. I know that in this country the present day, almost unhealthy obsession with all things being “Politically Correct” is to a very minor, in my opinion, needed but is it just me that believes we have already gone way, way, way too far? I thought we had gone too far when children were no longer taught the great old classic, “Bah, Bah Black Sheep” as it was now considered racist, but the finishing straw for me was recently when they have now stopped pupils from putting up their hands when wanting to answer questions in class. Are they having a laugh or what??? I have had this thing for a while now that the various Disability Action Groups etc, who’s intentions are quite honourable, standing up for equality and peoples rights etc, all of which are so badly needed, but so many of these seem to spend so much energy on what I would consider a trivial matter what Disabled People are called. To me, being disabled myself, I really couldn’t care less what you call me, be it “Cripple”, “Spastic” etc etc, but I care a whole lot more about being given equal rights to Employment, Education, Transport, Bacon Sarnies etc etc, isn’t that what is important after all??? I guess it may not grind on my nerves so much if it didn’t change so blinking often. It seems that every year or two we have to now refer to Cripples like myself as something new. Maybe the next one could be something like “Bacon Muncher”, but I guess saying that might offend the Muslim population because of the whole pork thing, oh yeah and all the Veggies out there too. Back to the drawing board then!!!

I think I must have mentioned somewhere in the deepest realms of the many previous rantings my issues regarding having a bed downstairs in the Living Room. as you will know, I haven’t actually slept in a bed, apart from the many stays in “Heath Towers” that is, for far too long to remember now, despite almost continuous hinting and more recently attempting to beat me into doing it from all concerned such as District Nurses, Doctors etc. Well, on Monday I finally caved in to all this pressure and asked the District Nurse to arrange it for me to have one of the All Singing, All Dancing Hospital Beds delivered, which is actually coming tomorrow morning. I am hoping it will at least help somewhat in trying to sort out my sleeping pattern by actually allowing me get some in the first place, might help. My main concern was that I just didn’t want the room to turn into a hospital like room for all sorts of reasons but when you get to the stage I am at, not sleeping more than about 1 to 2 hours on a good night that is, I actually had 20 mins the night before last, which made me into a right mess all day yesterday, and actually stopped me going shopping which I was really looking forward to after day centre, it is time for a change I think. I suppose even if I wasn’t to sleep much more, because of the control over the positions it will be able to go I will be somewhat more comfortable than the already fairly comfortable reclining chair I am using 24 hrs a day at present. The one major downside is that poor old Judith is having to do some major furniture shifting to be able to fit it in, and it will unfortunately leave me with just 2 chairs including the recliner and the bed to sit on and no sofa due to lack of space, but we will just have to get used to it.

Dentist today too which wasn’t too eventful. They just ended up grinding down a few stumps which used to be teeth, but are now damaged down to almost just roots that are left in readiness for having a complete denture to replace the almost complete one I have already in place in the bottom. The next step is to do the top one which will be a little different as they need to take out 2 back teeth before changing the denture, OUCH!!!!

See Ya!!

No comments: