Saturday, March 10

It’s all in the mind!!

I can’t help but notice that I seem to have a bit of a spring in my step of late. Well that sort of feeling if you understand me. I think it is down to no end of different things that have all seemed to fall into place, more of their own doing rather than any intervention on my part.

I seem to be a lot more positive than I have been in quite some time, but in a number of ways there’s no reason why I should be that way. I mean, my chest has not suddenly cleared up and I can actually breathe properly, and my skin has not overnight turned me into Mr Bendy, although Merlin did say the other day that he thought the GVHD was diminishing and maybe even burning itself out, although the jury is out on that one as I am not totally convinced. My heart has not started pumping my blood around at warp speed, need I go on? I think you get the picture. It’s predominantly I think a mental attitude reaction brought on by a number of recent events. They would be things like “The Train Journey” obviously, the lack of visits to Heath Towers which would indicate that all is well and they don’t want to see me, the weather has been pretty good of late too, with lots of sunshine. Don’t you find that waking up in the morning with the sun flooding in through the window, filling the room with its invisible “Happy Rays” makes you glad to be alive? I know I do. Then there is the matter of the Local Council agreeing to give us some Home Support at last which will make such a difference and the fact it will be free is a great bonus. My appetite is rampant again and I’m cooking like there’s no tomorrow especially the House Special, Bacon Sarnie’s, and I think all the talk in certain quarters, who shall remain nameless, of the delights to be found in devouring one is merely making me want even more. There’s also the fact that I have over the last couple of days started to get out and about on my scooter, just around the immediate area and to the shops and so on. I have however come across some major obstacles that are stopping my from going much further, well in fact some quite literally stop me getting further than about 100 yards from my door without breaking the law and driving on the road, but I will save that thought for another time.

So you will see that yes, I do have a lot to be happy about and I do strongly believe that it does make a difference if you can think positively. It proves to me that the mind really is a powerful tool that you can use to your advantage when you need to and it pays to smile and be happy and positive.

So I ask you all to do just one thing to brighten up your day every day. You can start right now in fact, when you’ve finished reading this Blog, SMILE like you’ve never smiled before, I promise I won’t look honest!!

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always smile after reading your blog! :)

Delighted to hear you are feeling good - I agree with you all the way, nothing like the early morning sunshine, warm weather, the garden starting to bloom etc to lift the spirits - and the clocks go forward in a couple of weeks! In fact :) :) :)

Peter

PS- Great difficulty posting this comment - there seems to have been a change to the verification and it doesn't work with Opera - I had (gasp - shock horror) go back to Internet Explorer!)_

Anonymous said...

Hmm - Think it was a glitch on my laptop - seems to be working OK now! Computers... Huh!