Friday, March 16

Question Time!!

Well did you watch it then??? I hope so. Last night was the filming of Question Time and as I had said earlier myself and my Little Sis had been invited on as Panellists, Only joking, wouldn’t that be a laugh?? No, we had been invited on to the audience.

After picking up my Sis we headed off to Newport, just as every man and his dog were coming out of working and simply getting in my way on the road, inconsiderate buggers, don’t they know who I am?? Well we arrived all flustered and having pretty much debated every current political issue and my favourite MP of the moment of course. It was here that I came across the first problem. When I rang earlier they informed me that I would be able to park right outside due to the wheelchair etc so when I was confronted with a barrier and a rather nice lady on the other end of the intercom telling me that I will have to park some ½ mile away you can see that I was in for some fun. Anyway I explained the position as in I had rang to sort this out and that her offer of letting me get dropped off at the entrance, but my Sis would have to move the car to the other car park was not possible as she was not insured to drive as is no one but me and Judith. So she asked me to drive up and someone will meet me. So as she had said a nice man was waiting to try and explain things to me face to face but to be honest he had no chance from the beginning I was going to park there if he liked it or not. Well he did actually say that it was okay for me to park there anyway which I thought was a good start to the evening. Inside after a short wait we were all ushered into a queue to be searched etc which again could have been a problem but went as smooth as could be, in fact they never checked me at all and I must have been the only person who had managed to take a drink into the theatre as they appeared to be taking bottles off people when they were searched. The main problem I guess would have been “how do you use one of them portable scanners on someone who is sat in a wheelchair surrounded by metal”? After a short wait I was given the “Royal Treatment” again and was led in first to the auditorium due to me having to manoeuvre a bit to get into place which I must say Ruth did with great style and poise. Much to her relief too they had put me almost right at the back on the left and not in the front as we were thinking it would be. By the way if you were watching I was the one right at the back as I said on the left in rather loud to say the least Lime Green Shirt, just so that I blended into the background you see. They do this sort of warm up before hand which they say is help relax people before the actual filming which incidentally to my surprise is not edited at all and is shot straight through. Well I happened to come up with a few maybe controversial comments which I think resulted in my not being chosen to have my say during the filming despite me sitting there with my had up pretty much constant throughout, not that I’m bitter at all as the whole experience was great and that would have just been a small part of it, besides my little Sis Ruth got chosen to actually ask one of the questions. It was the one about Blair’ intervention in Zimbabwe or rather lack of intervention.

We were both rather impressed with 2 particular panellists who were, Lembit Opik Lib Dem MP and Clare Short Independent MP. They both had pretty much the same opinion on the matters debated throughout the show and I found myself agreeing vehemently with them both on many occasions. Poor old Mike O’Brien Solicitor General, Labour MP was determined to make a right fool of himself most of the evening and to be honest he over succeeded completely in that department and to be honest I think that Labour had probably made a huge mistake in putting him forward for the show last night in the first place. The Conservative representative so to speak was actually pretty much a nobody. Priti Patel (not an MP) had actually stood and lost the seat for Nottingham North in 2005 so is not an MP as such although she is involved in the Tory party somewhat although she did have a change of heart between 1996 – 1997 when she went to head up the Press Office for The Referendum Party, a great thank you for being put on the A-List don’t you think? That just leaves Mail On Sunday columnist Peter Hitchens who can be a bit of a loose cannon at times. He is strongly of the opinion that we, as in “Humans”, are not responsible for Global Warming. HUH????? He does have a few opinions that I vaguely agree with such as the stupidly over the top Political Correctness that is becoming normal and accepted these days. Things like an English Church School renaming the Children’ Story Book Classic, “Three Little Pigs” to “Three Little Puppies” because some Muslim people for example might get upset with the reference to Pigs and Pork. Jeeeeeezzzzzz. I guess the Animal Rights will spout up next and complain about the reference to Poor Little Puppies.

Well if I start on that subject this will be an extremely long blog, Hell it already is so I just noticed.

Just one more little thing, I actually received a Letter from you know who in “The Commons” this morning, in fact I received 2 from him and one from Cheryl Gillan Shadow Secretary Of State For Wales, not that they tell me much mind you, only that he has started to investigate on my behalf and will be in touch soon, Ha Ha Ha pull the other one. Isn’t it strange that when just after I wrote to his Chief Whip and Party Chairman, Leader, Welsh Secretary etc etc he suddenly responds? Maybe I’m just a cynical old git???

If you managed to miss Question Time last night you can watch it again by clicking HERE

See Ya!!

No comments: