Wednesday, March 14

They Don’t Know What They Are Letting Themselves In For!!

I had a rather interesting phone call yesterday afternoon from “The BBC” of all people. It appears that they want me to be in the audience this coming Thursday Evening for the “Question Time” programme being filmed just up the road in Newport. I had applied a couple of weeks ago and never for the life of me thought they would allow me loose on poor old Mr Public. Although I have always quite fancied taking part in this particular programme I have been finding that through one reason or another I have become more politically aware over the last couple of years, maybe as because of the whole disability thing I can see the more direct impact these people (or Alien’s in the case of the ever elusive Mr J Smith) have on me and my family etc..

They had asked me what my position was regarding a few matter that are “Hot” so to speak at the moment e.g. Iraq, Trident etc and also was there any questions that I would like the panel to address. Well, how long you got??? I said. I made my point about the lack of accountability of Local Mps quite strenuously I think along with the lack of action on behalf of councils to enforce the workings of the The Disability Discrimination Act such as the appalling lack of access to business in a wheelchair etc.

What’s needed I think is a big news item to do with disability over the next 24 hours, that way I might get my chance to shine. In saying that though I will also have my say regarding the other issues being discussed too after all what’s the point going if you don’t take part?? I’m dragging along my Little Sis too so she can have her say as well as maybe push me around a bit in the chair that is!! She’s quite political too so will no doubt enjoy the whole thing as much as I will.

So people look out for Jonny5 “Super Star” on Question Time on BBC 1 Thursday 22.35 (10.35pm for the thickies like me). You won’t be able to miss me. I will be the bald bloke in a wheelchair sat in the front next to a stunning blonde. My sister will probably be near there too Ha Ha Ha!! Sorry Sis!!!

See Ya!!

5 comments:

Andy Robinson said...

Good for you,I am a member of the charity Action For Better Access and we have been trying to get authorities to comply with their own Disability Equality Schemes,the equality 'team' have a good understanding of most issues but are unable to involve the different departments and as a result nothing happens. It feels like lipservice is being paid.There is no real involvement of the disabled at all!They are not a part of the decision making process and are regarded as hindrance to the day to day working of the department.The result is that things do not happen.

Jonny5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonny5 said...

Thanks Andy for your comments. I have experienced what you rightly point out first hand unfortunately. If they think i will just be the Token Disabled Guest sitting quietly next to the Token Person Of Ethnic Origin and the Token Gay Person Too, they will be in for a shock!! as most on here will vouch for my rather outspoken view at times Ha Ha Ha!!

See Ya!!

Ruth said...

Flipping 'eck!!!! They are right about saying television puts pounds on you. I dread to think what I would have looked like before I lost 7 stone! Oh well, at least my question started an interesting debate which made the Labour guy look like an idiot ha ha.

Jonny5 said...

You looked good Sis. And as you said Mike O'Brien looked a right D'Head trying to answer your question which was a good laugh.

See Ya!!