Monday, April 3

At last I can finally tell you all about it. For the last couple of weeks now we have been looking for a new car for Judith and Tara to share.

I haven’t been able to say anything as it was going to be a surprise for Tara which one we got if any at all. Tara is just starting to take lessons and as my car is on Motorbility so she can’t use it really and Judith will, due to all the extra courses to do with the Cadets need a car to go away with and something a bit more reliable than an old banger.

After a couple of weeks of searching for a small economical little car for the two of them I settled on a little Citroen C1 Vibe in Red. It is a real true Girly looking car just right for them two. Judith and I went to pick it up on Friday morning and to be honest Tara was getting a little suspicious with the phone calls and the visits to Cardiff where we usually don’t go very much but she didn’t cotton on though. I had to go off to the hospital sadly so I never got to see her face when Judith handed her the keys to the car after she’d wound her up a bit of course, well that’s all the fun of it. Her face was a picture apparently and she was so excited when she rang me later to thank me for getting it for her. Now we just got to put up with the No Don’t Do That and stuff … and boy am I am bad passenger at the best of times. One of the other reasons for getting a new car so soon and not waiting till she passed her test is that she has been offered very kindly by the Ex Chairman of the golf club where she works free driving instruction. He is a retired driving instructor/examiner from the police force and as a result will probably end up saving a few hundred pounds in all and you know I’m a sucker for a bargain!!!

Skin is really tight today and suffering a bit to be honest with my breathing as a result of this. Due to the impending start of the puva treatment too I had to contact the Pulmonary Rehab Unit to cancel the start of the course which was due to start on the 10th April. The problem I have is that this would have been 3 days a week for 8 weeks and the puva is also 3 days a week for 12 weeks so they would clash. I also thought that as my skin condition which the puva is supposed to deal with is somewhat hampering my breathing it would make sense to sort out the skin first, that way they will be able at the rehab to get a more accurate picture of my lungs capabilities.

I’ve got a quiet week SO FAR!! In fact I am only booked in for one session with the lovely Sarah (The Councillor) and no actual visits to the hospital at all so a week of relaxing for me for a change but in saying that remember the last time I had a week like that it turned into bedlam!!!

I’m off then to relax and recuperate.

See Ya!!

No comments: