Friday, April 28

Good News For Me Anyhow!!

Good news, it looks quite promising that I’ll be coming home although I can see how some of you may not think that’s very good news like some of the lovely nurses on the ward, who I know will miss me terribly of course. I seem to have been nursed by the ever delightful Loraine over the last few days but I’m not too sure if she had picked the long or the short straw really ha ha!!

Right health wise, where do you start really?? Well all seems to be going in the right direction as far as recovering from the most recent invasion by the nasty brigade. When will they learn that I am a tough nut to crack and go and bother someone else for a change??

My ears were burning all yesterday afternoon as the Doctors had their usual Weekly Pow Wow!! I don’t know why but I got this vision of them all sitting around in a circle cross legged with The Prof in the centre so to speak, with his impressive Feather headdress, passing around the Peace Pipe. Anyhow they usually bring up relevant cases from what I gather and have like a brain storming session to try and come up with other potions ect to try and beat the dreaded creatures that are sent to invade our bodies. I think it’s a kind of 10 brains are better than 1. As you can imagine my case seems to come quite a lot because I believe in getting my fair share of attention thank you very much and besides I see myself as being responsible for keeping them all on their toes ha ha ha!!! I guess I could take this opportunity to introduce some of the Main Players in my Story Of Survival as far as Doctors go anyhow. Here Goes:

The Wizard – Dr Keith Wilson, overall spell master and spiritual leader also The Unbeaten Calypso King for the last 10 years.

Elgin The Owl – Dr Ermess, currently Wizards eyes and ears in his absence, also often seen in the library with his head buried in the books, he really must learn that you can’t fit your head through a gap too small then expect to get it out in one piece

The Sheik – Dr Hanni Osman, currently balancing his duties on the ward and day unit along with trying to keep control of his huge Harem and Oil Fields and Heard Of Camels.

Alibaba – Dr Mumtasir Haj, very happy go lucky doctor also covering both Day Unit & the Ward. Learned everything he knows from his days as an disreputable Persian rug salesman on the streets of Cairo whose catchphrase was “I Give You Velly Velly Good Bargain”

Lord Darcy – Dr Jonathan Kell, A very stout upstanding fellow and a grand doctor too although he has one vital flaw in that he Supports English Rugby, Poor Fellow needs some attention I think.

Astrix The Gaul – Dr Gleb Ivanov, A gentle giant of a man from the far away land of Vikings and Apple Strudel.

Gandalf – Dr Chris Pointon, a highly intellectual chappy who likes nothing like a good challenge and holds the key to the Great Book Of Spells And Potions handed down in his family for centuries, If only he could find the blinking book though!!

Professor Burnett is proving really difficult to come up with an alias ANY OF YOU NURSES OR DOCTORS GOT ANY IDEAS LET ME KNOW VIA THE COMMENTS THING OR EMAIL ETC. the best so far has been Bond because of the suave Scottish thing which I can see the point but its not quite befitting I think for a distinguished chap like him.

I hope this gives you a sort of visual impression all those of you who don’t actually know who I mean when I talk about a certain person because I think the alias’s give a damn near visual impression of the person concerned ha ha ha!!

Well they finally managed to get the Echo Cardiogram done this afternoon although I won’t find out any results till the doctors decipher the information tomorrow I suppose. So avoiding any last minute hitches including Karen missing with her javelin I should be a free bird tomorrow but hence not for long as they have managed to hassle the Dermatology department enough that they have given me an appointment for Tuesday to start the PUVA treatment at last!!!! Free Sun Tan Here I Come!!!

There has been some discussion at the Pow Wow that I mentioned regarding the Future possibility of maybe going down the Heart & lung Transplant route. Well this is something I have been thinking of the last few weeks I must admit. Theoretically it does make sense in that my lungs as you know are in a right mess and my heart has recently developed these problems with the left ventricle but due to the seriousness of the operation involved it would have to be talked through pretty deeply. One of my concerns would be that the main reason for my frequent in patient trips is mainly down to the Pseudomonas which apparently is colonised, but does this mean that just my lungs are colonised or my whole body which would then obviously make the operation less successful as the colonisation would just take over the new lungs so no problem solved there!! I would however listen to all the points made in favour or against for that matter and together hopefully come up with the right decision when the time comes. I surely would not just rule it out but it needs serious thought I think!!

Right then I hope to be blogging from home the next time speak to you all so take care.

See Ya!!

No comments: