Monday, April 9

The Easter Lull!!

Another day of twiddling with the blog layout and things I recon today. I’ve actually got a quiet week as in the only appointment I have is for the Immunoglobulins on Friday which are about needed now. It’s strange that it always seems about a week before they are due, (I have them every 6 weeks) I start to feel a little run down and not myself. It had been discussed in the past about playing around with the timings of them so I think I will mention it to Merlin when I see him either on Friday or next Tuesday when I am due to see him next.

It wouldn’t be a proper blog at the moment unless the good old Patientscam got a mention. I don’t like this idea that Patientline has on its web site referring to services offered, and that’s Electronic Patient Records being accessible from the bedside unit. There is no way that this will be secure at all and open to widespread abuse. What if a doctor just walks off and leaves your details on the screen for all to see. Once they are in there it will be easy to gain all sorts of information. Being able to put up surveys is a good idea though. Maybe they could take the lead and put up a “What do you think of the Patientline service?” as a starting point. Now that really would be fun!!!! Check out the ensuing debate taking place on Peter's Blog at the moment on the whole Patientline issue, which even has contributions from some Poor Employee’s of theirs.

Did anyone listen to The Five Live Report: Cancer Care Unplugged will be broadcast on BBC Radio Five Live at 1100 BST on Sunday, 8 April.

Another couple of alarming stories broke this w/e all in the cause of cutting waiting lists for cancer patients. You will find the stories Here and Here and you can also listen to an interview with an Oncology Consultant in Hull, explaining the reasons he is having to give patients totally un-needed treatment just so that they all fall into the nice and neat 1 month waiting list requirement. The other story is all about hugely expensive radiotherapy equipment not being used for around a year after being installed new in some instances. There was an interesting discussion about the state of cancer treatments which I did miss, yesterday on Julian Worrickers’ Radio 5 Live programme. It was called Cancer Care Unplugged and follows on from an in depth look into the treatment of cancer patients by reporter, Simon Cox. You can listen to it HERE and click where it says Listen Again: Sundays Show. The item starts at about 1hr 5 mins if you want to skip right too it although the whole show was worth a listen too.

Okay then I’m off to see what the day has in store for me. Lots of nice tasty grub I hope!!

See Ya!!

No comments: