Sunday, April 29

Sad News Unfortunately

As I said the other day we picked up what, at the time were 2 little bundles of joy, Ziggy and Puppy from the dogs home. Well right from the start there was no mistaking who the dominant one was as Ziggy was continually trying to stop Puppy getting any attention from all of us. He would use his added build to get in the way and on top of this he was constantly trying to mount poor old Puppy. He has been trying his best also to pee over everything that doesn’t move around the house despite the door constantly being open for him to get out. Sort a scent marking thing. We have been trying to stop him from being such a bully including a rolled up newspaper and a sharp hit with it whenever he does these things but he is one stubborn bugger and it has had no effect at all. Well this morning he was mounting Puppy and I gave him a tap with the shoehorn I had to hand on him bottom and he just ignored me and carried so I gave him another one and with that he just lunged at me biting and pawing me and growling relentlessly. In the melee I stumbled forward onto the floor from my chair where I had been perched on the edge and he just kept coming and coming at me despite me probably getting in a few punches that would have floored Mike Tyson to try and get him away from. Thankfully Judith was only out the back garden and came running when I shouted for her help. He was even going for her and she had to use one of my walking sticks to manoeuvre him out the garden and then shut the door. In the meantime because of all the stress etc my heart was racing like a F1 Engine and I was rather seriously struggling for breath. Judith came back and immediately got my oxygen out to help. I was very very close to the edge where just that little bit worse and you fall into the realms of panicking and loosing control. It probably took me around an hour or so to get my breathing back into control.

The upshot and the bad news I guess is that there is no way they can stay here any longer and Judith will be returning them to the home tomorrow morning. I will not feel safe around him any more. What if Judith wasn’t around I dread to think what would have happened. He is uncontrollable. It is a real shame as Puppy is such a loveable character. Happy, Playful, always wagging his tail with excitement, always pleased to see you and Ziggy is the complete opposite. I can’t believe that whoever had them before they ended up in the dogs home, for 8 years just let this behaviour go on un challenged. The behaviour is ingrained in him now and I guess he will never change.

So with a lot of regret they are going. Judith will have a look when she is there to see if there is another suitable little pooch. Gluten for punishment I know!!

I think I am on the verge of a looming chest infection too. Some of the usual signs are starting, increased coughing, slight sore throat, more wetter cough than the usual dry one. My temperature is just fine though which is a tell tale sign that all is not well. I may get an appointment at the GPs early in the week, but will try and get hold of Merlin or one of his minions more likely to get some advice and maybe get them to speak to the GP with regards to medication etc as I know what will happen, my GP will just send me up the hospital as they are somewhat scared of giving me any new medication as Merlin is the one who has had complete control over that all along. In fact I have only been to the GP a couple of times and that’s mainly for repeat prescription.

Okay I’d better go take my temp again as I’m feeling a little clammy and warm.

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the title, and thought, Oh My God, something's happened to your mother. Sorry to hear about your problems with your dogs but glad it isn't your mother. (How is she by the way)

a fellow crip

Jonny5 said...

ha ha ha. sorry to shock you like that. She is home at last and on the mend. She is still very short of breath at times and quite weak after not moving around for some time. She is getting some physio at home which seems to be helping, but as you know these things take some time to get over. It's heading in the right direction which is the main thing.

Thanks for asking too she will appreciate it when she reads it i know. Hope you're well too??

See Ya!!