Tuesday, April 10

Unusual Artists

I was watching a re run of a Billy Connolly series last night where he travels around the world. It was based around the north of England. One of the things he came across was an exhibition of artwork done by Miners and Ex-Miners in Northumberland. They were somewhat primitive although depicted the scenes of the era with some accuracy and were full of feeling and to be honest very well painted/drawn too. I know my father in law Ray, who was a Hard Working Steel Worker as well as a part Time Roofer all his life till he retired a few years back had taken up painting and sketching etc quite a few years ago and to be honest some of his work is pretty amazingly executed. I think what amazes me most is the thought of the typical shovel handed burly manual worker, fag in one hand and pint of ale in the other even attempting to do such a thing, but in reality I guess art in general is all about interpreting and putting to for example canvas your thoughts, experiences of which I guess this generation had experienced first hand. I will have to convince Ray to let me publish a few of his gems as an example as he is even after all these years still a bit embarrassed about it although he is getting better.

Health wise my blinking chest has decided it is going to play up again. I seem to be coughing a bit more than usual and it is a little tight at times resulting in having to use the oxygen a little more. I’ve put a lot down to needing to have the Immunoglobulins which are due this Friday thankfully. The skin is still extremely tight too and in my opinion is definitely not getting any better despite Merlin thinking it is. I hope to try and get some sort of movement on getting this new treatment started when I see him next week as it seems to just be going on and on now.

On the complaining front, due to the bank holiday and the fact that the local council need 1 more day off than anyone else, they are not back in work till tomorrow so nothing to report there although I am hoping to chase them all up at the crack of dawn of course.

Okay off to catch up on some well needed shut eye,

See Ya!!

No comments: