Saturday, June 17

What lovely Weather!!

Hasn’t the weather been great for a few days now? I much prefer it to be like this than all damp and dreary and stuff although in saying that I don’t like it too hot. The heat only adds to the problem really with my skin making it even itchier than usual and somewhat more painful too. I have to be a little careful too about not catching a tan so it’s a case of long sleeve shirts and I do draw the line at wearing long trousers as I find shorts are so much less irritating on my skin as they allow air to circulate a lot better.

Stupidly I have slipped back into this latest depressive mood again over the last few days but I seem to be coming out of it again anyhow. I’ve got an appointment planned in the next week or so to see the lovely Sarah which always helps and I really am beginning to need it more than ever right now.

The latest chest bug they found seems to be being sorted out by the antibiotics they have given me which is a good thing and as per usual the skin is not behaving itself at all. The one bonus I suppose is that for once the pain killers I am taking, Oxycontin slow release and Oxynorm if needed in between, are working. I had tried them in the past for this pain with no effect at all but for some reason it is working it at the moment so fingers crossed they will continue to do so. The downside to these pain killers though is that it does tend to make me quite drowsy at times and somewhat, how can I put it?? Spaced out I suppose you could call it.

PUVA is back underway at last too and I went for my first treatment last week. I hope to be going twice this next week. I’m up to a staggering 27 seconds now too, it seems like an eternity. I think I might have problems when I end up having the full dose, as in 2 minutes because, the tubes are only about 6ft tall and I am about 6ft 5ins so I have to like bend my knees so that I get the tanning effect on the top of my head as it would look strange otherwise. This is not a problem at the moment but I think I will find it very hard to hold this position for a couple of minutes as I just have no strength in my legs at all.

I had an interesting day on Thursday. I dragged Tara around all the local car dealerships in Cardiff looking for a new car for me. I have a car on Motorbility at the moment which has a manual gearbox but because of the problems with my skin and stuff I am finding it increasingly harder to drive as in change gears etc it is so painful when stuck in traffic and having to stop and start all the time. I have decided to look around for an automatic car, still on the Motorbility Scheme too so I will have the benefit of free insurance and servicing and breakdown cover etc.. I thought I might have problems as I still have a year left to go on this contract with Motorbility but apparently I have to pay a fee of between £50-£250 and then I can take out a new one for another 3 years. The problem with getting an automatic is that they tend to be bigger and more top of the range cars and as a result require you to put down quite a large deposit which I find is a bit of a waste as the car will never be mine so it’s like throwing away my money really. It has also to be a medium to large size car too to be able to fit the wheelchair in the boot and I also don’t want one that it fits in but the parcel shelf wont be able to go on too as that’s a bit like what we have now. So poor old Tara was lifting the wheelchair in and out of about 20 cars as well as pushing me around in the meantime, her arms were aching like hell afterwards ha ha ha it’ll do her good in fact she ought to pay me for letting her use my wheelchair for her fitness training. I’ve narrowed it down to about 3 different cars at the moment although I am more steering towards one which is a Chrysler PT Cruiser. I have always liked the quirkiness of this car. It always reminds me of an American Hotrod. I know that without the help of Motorbility I would never be able to afford one of these and even I suppose if it was my money paying for it I would probably never go for it but I look at it like this, that it’s different and unusual and quite rare around these parts and its got a huge engine and all the toys you could ever want to play around with, so what the hell live dangerously!!!

Okay back to the deepest darkest realms of my world for some more contemplating of life’s great mysteries.

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hya Cous

A Chrysler????..... What happened to the Suburu we were talking about. Ha Ha

ps give Tara gold medal!!!

C Ya soon

Your Favourite Cous

Anonymous said...

Know the feeling about the sun - too many decisions - do I out the sun block on before of after the steroid creams - and in which order should the moisturiser go on? Too difficult - still, as you say, the shorts are less irritating! That said its a bit cooler here this morning!

If you like the car - go for it! As you say live dangerously - or at least, live for the moment! As we have discovered, you never know what is round the corner, so go for it - NOW!

Onwards and upwards!