Friday, June 30

Guess What I Got??

As you may have gathered from the last few posts I have been sort of exited you could say about picking up my new chariot today. I made sure I had an early night which to be honest was a complete waste of time as It just meant I had more time to lie there and not sleep. I managed to force myself to stay there till 9am as I knew that as soon as I was up I would be wanting to get down the garage and it wasn’t arranged till 12 o’clock. So I slowly took my pills and watched a bit of news whilst pretending to not look at the clock every 10 minutes. Finally at around 10.15 I dragged Tara and the boyfriend of to have some breakfast in Tesco’s on the way to get the car. I thought at least it will pass some time away and keep my stomach quiet.

Well suitably stuffed with bacon and eggs etc we headed off to get it. In we went to be greeted by one of the other salesmen as the one we had been dealing with had a day off. He asked us to take a seat and he would grab the paperwork and go through it with me in a minute. I had already grabbed an eyeful of my gleaming new chariot parked up outside waiting for my undivided attention. He finally came back saying that i could have the car that was no problem, but I couldn’t have it till Monday morning.OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He explained that he needed to contact Mutability to get final authorisation and they had told him that as it was an early termination they had to wait for the cheque to clear which takes up to 10 days. Well I had all this out the other day with the lovely lady at motability the other day who assured me that all could go ahead and besides that the money had actually come out of my account 3 days ago. He said that armed with this information he would give them another ring to try and sort it out. He came back once or twice to ask me more questions then finally came back saying that it was okay for me to have it today and they will make an exception in this instance. PHEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! You’ve never seen anyone sign paperwork so quick in all your life just in case they changed their mind. After handing over the keys to my old motor I drove off being the proud owner of a brand new shiny silver chariot the envy of all. Well maybe not to everyone taste but that’s me all over.

I decided that as we were out I would take it to Tesco’s to get used to it as it will probably spend a fair bit of time there off and on. It seemed to fit in the parking bay like a hand in a glove. I sense a loving long term relationship there.

Just to check out the car’s various bits and bobs I took the long route home and revelled in the comfort and quietness of it. New cars are great, all clean like and no creaks or squeals. Not a bit like me Ha Ha Ha!!!

Right I’m off to watch some footy as I was deprived yesterday with there not being any on only repeats.

I am one happy dude today!!!!!!!!

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hya Cous
Congrat on your new arival although i didn't know you were having a new car!!! ha ha ha

No excse now you know where i live and i don't charge parking. You could even use the drive when stu is in work (free of Charge that is)
Take care have a good trip to scotland.

Fav cous

Jonny5 said...

you dont charge for parking, well you cant be the cous i was thinking of always after making a buck or two Ha Ha Ha!!!

i promise to come and harrass , i mean visit you soon.

See Ya!!