Sunday, November 19

Well I’ve been home a few days now and in some ways it’s a bit of an anti climax. What I mean is that what you envisage things are going to be like, such as out shopping etc and being able to at least walk around downstairs without too much breathlessness are not that accurate. I am still really struggling just to do the simple things like getting dressed and maybe more so than before I went into Heath Towers. At least the physio is due to start up tomorrow when I should start to eventually see some improvement, well I blinking hope so anyhow.

I’ve not done much of anything since coming home. I managed a trip to the local Morrison’s for a change to get some much needed supplies on Friday. It was a bit of a nightmare actually. The clip on trolleys they have, when you manage to find one that is, poor Tara had to walk all over the car park looking for one, well they are designed to fit on the Morrison’s supplied wheelchairs which are naf. When you try and fit them to a standard wheelchair like mine they just don’t attach on properly and you end up like I did, having to try and hold on to it while you were pushed around. Well as you can imagine, busy Friday afternoon, not in the best of health, narrower aisles, and dodgy trolley I was not in the best of moods to say the least. Still, surprisingly the bill wasn’t as bad as I thought I was going to be after not having been shopping for a while and the fact that I had bout about £12 worth from the fish counter just for starters.

Saturday was a rest day for me too. I decided, (like I had any choice the way I am at the moment), that I would have a day of rest and relaxation. Mum and Dad came up for a natter which was nice and gave me a chance to catch up on all the latest gossip, you know how it is??. What did I cook for tea?? O yeah I remember it was pizza and garlic bread, really pushed the boat out. I had spent hours out the kitchen on Friday though cooking up a delightful Salmon Steak, served with leek Tagliatelle which was blinking gorgeous. I’ve had this recipe going around in my mind since the day I went into Heath Towers this time and was determined to cook it as soon as I got out. It was worth the wait too!!! As things are still hard work like sitting out the kitchen for hours cooking we decided to go out for Sunday Lunch as this always seems to really wear me out and besides I just didn’t fancy cooking it. living in quite a rural location has it’s benefits in this way as there are loads and loads of quaint little pubs serving up Sunday Lunch within a short distance of hear. Most of which we have tried now but the one thing they all lack is consistency. They may be great one week then poor the next which is not good. I had been told that a nearby golf club did nice Sunday Lunches so we went there today. If only I can remember who it was that told me this, as they must have been lying through their teeth. The food was lousy. Dry as hell meat, totally undercooked and un seasoned Veg, deep fried roast potatoes, I really hate when they do that, gravy wasn’t bad though. Well I couldn’t wait to get home and have a bag of crisps and some grapes for my tea.

God I’m turning into this food nerd aren’t I? I will try not too. My chest has been playing up a little over the weekend mainly I think due to the weather. It always seems worse as in more wheezy when it’s damp or rainy which it certainly has been around here and in rather large quantities too.

Well I had better get my beauty sleep as the physio will be here in the morning and I want to look my best after all don’t I?

See Ya!!

No comments: