Tuesday, November 14

Looking Forward!!


Well it looks like the wheezyness was somewhat down to the wrong blinking nebuliser as each day I have been on this new one my chest is getting a little better.  I’m not talking miracles here but in my position every little improvement is a great thing.  My chest is still wheezy but not as bad and not as much.  What I find strange is that because my left lung seems to be the worst that would mean that in order to drain off all the built up gunge in the tubes or bronchi if you want to be clinical, I need to lie on my right hand side and that will allow it to drain off better and obviously make me more wheezy in the process.  Well you know how I like to be different?  If I lie on my right hand side whatever wheezy I had before simply disappears and I can generally breathe wheezy free and does not make the other lung drain at all.   If, however I lie on my left hand side, all hell breaks loose.  The wheeze usually starts almost immediately and gets steadily worse.  No matter what position I take after a while of lying on my left hand side the wheeze just won’t go, sometimes for hours.  It has baffled many a good physician and physio alike in the past as even the x-rays have shown in great detail that my left lung is by far the worse one and is causing all the problems.  I think there is something in the fact that I am just one strange bod in general and they can’t wait to get their hands on me when I’m gone to experiment on.  Maybe I will be regenerated as some sort of cyborg or something??

I’ve started to do some deep breathing exercises and general stretching this last couple of days.  I think it might have helped slightly although the stretching part of it can be extremely painful.  When I try and lie as flat as possible on the bed which is usually with my legs raised slightly and my head too because I just physically can’t lie dead flat, it feels like I have this huge elephant sat on my chest and stomach really making breathing nigh on impossible.  When I breathe in it is so tight my torso does not expand at all, anywhere.  This might be interesting to try when the nurse comes round to try and take my resps ha ha ha.  When sat up straight I try to take deep breaths and hold them in and then slowly, slowly breathe out till my lungs are fully deflated then slowly back in again.  Sometimes I can get a real good breath in although other times it just ends up in me coughing and spluttering away, but in general it has helped.

So apart from the usual stuff about crap food etc etc which I’m fed up of moaning about for now not a lot more has happened.  It’s a bit of a waiting game now really.  Carrying on the physio each day and wait to hear the outcome of the Pow Wow on Wednesday.  Then hopefully home on Friday or maybe Saturday morning, we’ll see.

It will be strange, as always getting home again.  After all it’s been over 5 weeks away again and always takes some time to readjust.  I’m quite looking forward to it though as hopefully with the physio and OT input at home I will be able to make some improvements to my way of life and also as a consequence of that a better quality of life too.

See Ya!!

No comments: