Wednesday, November 1

A Change Of Service!!

Well I guess things have changed around here this time.  What I mean by that is that I think because I have finally started to speak up a little it has been noticed and as a result I have actually got the level of attention and care etc as anyone else.  There has never been the issue of blame or lack of care or anything else, just because of being out of sight you do become out of mind whilst you’re locked away in this cell. All be it a deluxe one with en-suite bog.  Oh yeah I got my own armchair too and bright red bowl because I have been a good boy.  

I think in general one of my main flaws, of which I have many, is that I have always been too laid back and as a result you do then tend to disappear into the background.  What’s that saying? “He who shouts loudest gets heard”, or something like that anyway.  I think I must have some either Spanish blood or maybe more like Jamaican.  Spanish because of the siesta thing and Jamaican because of, well, have you ever seen a Jamaican person stressed out over anything??  It’s a case of pull up a chair, drink some Rum and chill out Maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn!!!  

I’ve had quite a few jobs in the past that have involved dealing with Mr or Mrs Public Person and have found that those that shout the loudest tend to wind me up so I would make them wait etc or not give them there share of my attention.  An example would be: working behind a bar.  Crowded with customers, you haven’t a clue who was next.  One of them is s reaming his head off complaining that he was next and there’s one stood there just waiting there turn.  I would head straight for the one who was quietly, patiently waiting.  As a result of this I tend to be this same type of person myself.  Judging by the reaction this time however I may well try and keep this new me going for a while if I can.  It is quite hard to do though as when you have behaved a certain way for years, hell, all my life, it is hard to suddenly change your ways, but well worth it though.

One of the little angels in here brought me in a Yoga book yesterday.  I have never thought of Yoga as being something I would do. But if you think about it it’s all about Relaxing, Breathing and Stretching all of which I have problems with.  It’s not too strenuous as in pulse racing stuff so that should not cause me problems with my heart and breathing either.  I had a look through yesterday and I am going to have a go today.  It can’t hurt no matter what so what have I got to lose. The only problem I can see in being in here doing it is that you never really get stretches of the day with no interruptions in order to do the relaxing sort of meditation bit.  I will just have to put up a do not disturb sign.  In saying that though a lot of the slop stirrers and dirt shifters can’t even speak English properly never mind read it so I don’t hold out much hope.

Before you all start worrying that I might be turning into a Lentil eating, Soya milk only Vegan, as I can set you straight.” ME GIVE UP T-BONE STEAKS?”. “YOU’RE HAVING A LAUGH MATE”.  Now I don’t have anything against Vegans at all its just that they have not come up with a Soya substitute that tastes like Steak and Bleeds as well, until then there’s no chance.  

“Hooray”.  My cyclosporine levels have come right up after having stopped drinking Kick in fact they are too high and have been reduced to 100mg twice a day.  This is about the only time I actually want things to go backwards, taking drugs.  Especially cyclosporine as it tends to make me sick at higher doses.  Steroids are another problem drug for me too.  They tend to cause water retention along with things like slowing down the skin repairing mechanism, which is why the sores are taking so long to heal up.  They are looking a whole lot better since they have been dressed daily and at this rate will be gone in about 2010.  I, along with the doctors I think are rather hoping that the cyclosporine might start to work properly, and help with the skin problems and the breathing etc now that its back to a decent level.  The motto to this tale is, “Do Not Drink Red Bull Or Anything Else Like It”.

The physio’s kept to there word and turned up twice yesterday.  In the morning I ended up doing some leg exercises and strength building stuff.  I can’t do the walk thing in the morning as there is only Leslie around and it takes two really.  One to pull me along and the other to give me a shift from behind when I slow down.  I did however manage to go for a walk later in the afternoon.  Again it was pretty hard work.  I did manage to get a little further each time compared to the last attempt but more importantly the recovery rate was a lot quicker, down to around 4 minutes.  This means at the moment that I can at least achieve one of my goals when I get home and that’s the walk to the kitchen, which is good news for all around I think.  I think I have invented a new diet plan you know.  It’s called “The John In Hospital Diet”.  Every time I come in Tara and Judith don’t eat half as much as when I am home cooking for them so they loose weight.  The other goal of trying to make it to the car is achievable although will take time I know.  The plan is to try and get me some community physio at home when I am discharged which will be useful.  

Okay then I’m going.  Wish me luck for tomorrow as I’m heading off to see the chest doc at Llandough hospital.  One good thing is that Judith is taking me there and bringing me back.  I’m sure if I speak to her nicely she will bring me back via a nice Steak House.   Oooppsss!!!  Penelope if you’re reading this I was only joking honestly I would never dream of doing that.  Noooo not liccle old me!!!  I will be straight back hopefully in time for the nightly slop trolley full of goodies.

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Cous

Ssshhhh I will whisper incase you are meditating ha ha. Hope the yoga works somewhat I can't wait to see if you can actually get those legs of yours around your neck Ha ha ha. Good news on the cyclosporin front. Good luck with chest clinic. HELLO TO JUDITH TOO
Take care
fav cous

Anonymous said...

quietr? Laid back? Who???

Keep up the pressure (but not the blood pressure)