Saturday, November 4

Good Old Tesco's!!

The bacon was blinking gorgeous and went down a treat.  I think that bacon would be the main reason that I could never be an out and out veggie.  There’s just something about that smell and taste of nice crispy bacon or one of my other ways I really enjoy is to just put it in between 2 plates and blast it for just 1 min in the microwave so it’s only just cooked and still nice and juicy.  I find too by using this method if you do buy cheaper bacon the water etc that comes out during the cooking when poured over the bread adds a stronger flavour to the sandwich. Mmmmmm.

That’s enough about food for now as I think it has played far too big a part on this blog of late as it is.  Having said that though the slop stirrers supervisors as they sent 2 of them came a calling yesterday.  I didn’t hold back I can tell you.  I explained the failings of the crap service they are providing at the moment and also what my expectations were.  I felt somewhat as if it was falling on deaf ears though and in fact I remembered speaking to one of them twice in the past with exactly the same problems and the replies from her were exactly the same, “They are being looked into”.  Well they have been “Looking into it” for about 2 years now and that’s just from my moaning.   Something tells me that it’s time to do something about it instead of just looking at it.  They came up with things like the admin department keep booking the 3 regular staff off at the same time so there are constantly new people around, they have been saying they will change this for about 2 years now and also the answer to getting somewhat descent food is to send someone to Tesco’s to buy a load of frozen meals for me of my choosing mind you.  Well although I am somewhat grateful for this but what would happen if every one started complaining about the food would they just respond by buying more and more frozen ready meals instead of actually sorting out the food they are serving here.  You see the way I look at it is that they are having to pay twice for me.  Once for the usual muck on the slop trolley and again for the Tesco’s meal.  No wonder the NHS is in such a mess.  Ah well I guess its frozen meals for me for a few days and I will take up the argument when I get out of here.

On another rather downward note, I am going to have to stay in here till probably the middle of next week.  The problem is down to the physio.  In order for me to have the intensive physio I need when I go home they need to come and assess me as an in patient.  The one department can only do these on Tuesday and Thursday and the other will treat it as a matter of urgency but will not be able to come till probably the middle of next week.  This sadly means a few more days locked up here in Heath Towers, god I know how Rapunzel felt now!!  Only somehow I don’t think some knight in shining armour is coming to rescue me, maybe a fair maiden in a Citroen c1 though???

Physio went well today.  I managed to walk a couple of meters further and the recovery rate was about the same.  I seem to be progressing quite well at the moment although the telling time will be on Monday when they come back next as there is no physio cover on the week end.  I am going to try and at least do some exercises to keep it up but it is not the same as walking.

I had a surprise visitor today too.  My lovely Aunty Josie (Jacqueline’s Mum).  It was nice to see her as I don’t get to see her that often.  Loads of gossip too mostly about Jacky so I better not write it on here he he he!!  She was telling me all about her hospital jaunts this week.  Jeeez I thought I spent long enough up here but she is giving me a run for my money.  She is a sweetie.  She really must learn to take things a bit easier though as she takes on way to much love her, she’d got a heart of gold.

Okay choices choices.  Do I have the frozen Chilli Con Carne, Lasagne, Cottage Pie, Liver & Bacon, Sausage & Mash or Chicken Curry?????  Oh I don’t like too much choice can’t I just have the Boiled Ham, Tinned Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce, Swede and Gravy??

Right, bowl full of grapes it is then.

See Ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo cous
Boiled ham??? you got a cheek!!!
Good one though ha ha.You and me are too much alike lol. I thought you liked me? talking about me to my mum tut tut.(I am sending in my copy of the sound of music for the nurses to MAKE you watch haha ) But those of you who know me will already know there is nothing bad you can say about me I am good through and through. (Just ask my Auntie Mags)lol
Will try to see you next week
Take care
fav cous