Saturday, November 25

If that is true I am staying firmly on solid ground!!

I have had the most extraordinary day today, well at least the last half of it anyhow. It all started when I made, along with one of my little helpers Tara, the weekly pilgrimage to far away place they call Tesco’s. I was quite looking forward to the trip today as I wanted to try out my new toy. I hear you all, “Another new toy, you must be made of money?” Well let’s just say that at this rate the redundancy pay we recently had won’t be lasting very long. I have finally bought a nifty little scooter just like this one HERE and couldn’t wait to try it out around the Race Track or should I say Tesco’s store. I’ll try and post some piccy’s soon as long as Santa delivers the camera I asked him for that is. Well after finally filling the trolley that Tara was now in full control of, god help anyone in her path, we headed off to the tills to be legally robed again. Tara was about half way through putting everything on the conveyer belt when the Fire Alarm went off. There was this almighty NOOOOOOOOO from the staff and they all looked, well how can I put it, not very happy. They eventually started ushering everyone out of the store into the dark, rainy abyss of a car park. By now the novelty of trying out the new chair was growing thin as we all stood around shivering. Why is it that I had to end up right in the middle of what must have been the Welsh Team of Smokers. They were all straight into their pockets and handbags etc as soon as they were out of the store lighting up there fags. It blinking stinks, never mind the hassle it causes my chest. Thankfully we weren’t out there for long and they called us all back in. At least they were really quick sorting things out at the tills then. The even had all the back room staff like the cleaners and delivery bay staff helping out with packing and stuff which made a huge difference, Thank You Tesco’s!! You don’t hear that too often from me I know. Right finally off back to the car. I was waiting around the back of the car for Tara to finish loading all the shopping onto the back seats and the floor when I was approached by the lady. She looked sort of middle aged and quite tidy and fairly well spoken, not that this makes any difference and I was expecting her to say something like where did you get the chair from or even you should stop working that poor girl so hard she is only young but nothing could be further from the truth. She turned around and said, “I hope you don’t take offence by this, but do you mind if I pray for you and pray for your healing too?” Well you could have knocked me down with a feather, I was completely stunned and actually had to ask her to say it again in case I totally misheard what she had said, but no she said the same thing over again, “Can I pray for you?”. Well I told her very diplomatically indeed that I was not what you would call a devout believer myself, although I would not rule out there being some other place to go to when we are all done on this planet but if it makes her happy then feel free, Pray Way!! Well she shook me a bit because all of a sudden her hand was on my shoulder and she was off, praying like, well I don’t know what, right there in the middle of a wet and dreary, busy Tesco’s Car park. I’d give her 10 out of 10 for dedication. No sooner had she arrived then she was gone off into the mist or was it exhaust smoke??. Well I must admit I did have a look around to see if Jeremy Beadle or Candid Camera were around. Tara who was quite oblivious to all this because she was busy around the side sorting all the shopping out asked what that was about. Well we both had a good chuckle about it on the way home. That was a really bizarre thing to happen even in my sometimes whacky world. I must add too that sadly as of yet there are no miracles to report however you will all be the first to know as long as I can get the laptop connection working from the beach in Hawaii.

Ah, I just realised that I haven’t posted much this week at all. I’m sure I had done although saying that the way my mind, especially my memory is at the moment anything is possible. I will try and sit down later and post about all the other delights of the week although it has been quite easy going and relaxed apart from all the visits from the Physio etc to shake up my bones and stuff, which incidentally is going well and some progress is being made.

Right I had better go and try and get 1 or 2 hours sleep as we are supposed to be going to a French Market in Bridgend later this morning and I would like to be awake at least so that I can spot all the bargains etc Ha Ha!!

See Ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo cous
you have cheered me up...I have heard of the nutter on the bus you know the one they always sit by me. But you always have to go one better ha ha
You seem more upbeat this time hope this is a good sign.

Take care
Hi to all
Fav cous