Tuesday, October 11

Early Wake Up Call!!

I didn't have a very good night's sleep last night which seems to be the norm at the moment the way my chest is, anyhow about 7.30 the door bell rings. Who the heck calls at 7.30 in the morning around here the only one it could possibly be is the postie and she doesn't get here till around 10am so shes probably still tucked up in bed. Off I went and answered it and it was the postie but not just the usual one he was from the parcelforse division with a package for me. I haven't ordered anything i thought to myself well i couldn't wait to rip off the packaging to see what it was. You'll never gues what it was in a million years. It was a book entitled 10 Rubber Duckies complete with it's own sound effects too. My Mum sent it to brighten up my day which it surely did although it goes a bit soggy when you take it in the bath and the sound don't work then but you can still look at the pictures. It's loosely based on an event that happened a few years ago when a container of Bath Toys fell overboard from a ship that was carrying them. It spured me on to go find out what i could about this and come up with a few places here's one of them http://www.msnbc.com/news/940859.asp and there still offering a reward for anyone that sends them one they found so you better all go down the beach and start looking you never know. It's been a day of ducks today as i eventually managed to find a small Rubber Duck in Tesco's, maybe they did listen to me the other week when i complained that i couldn't find any of them. Only prob is got well and trully stuck into Linux this evening that didn't manage to have a bath and sort of try them out so it'll have to wait. linux has this sort of effect on people so it seems. Well all this excitement is making me race for the oxygen so i better go and leave you to it. But before i go there's just one thing "THANK YOU MOTHER"!!!!!! your an angel Nite Nite!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonny 5
I have just read your blog and sorry you had to get up early! do I get anything for being the 1000 person to read it? still looking for ruber duckies, been looking all the afternoon at online shopping.
Keep up the good work.