Friday, October 7

Wear It With Pride!!
Hello there peeps i am gonna let you know whats going through my mind today for a change. Before you all shout at me no i am not going to go on about Rubber Duckies although if you manage to find any be sure and pass them on. No this I think is much more deeper. I don't know why i'm thinking of this today of all days but there we go since when did I ever pretend to know whats going on in my head. It's all about the Disabled Badge, you know the Blue one which used to be the Orange one which most people will remember. I guess it can be seen by different people as maybe being another way of sort of pigeonholing you as some people do or maybe it could be seen by others as a sort of badge stating that "Hey I am Disabled and Proud of It". Most of the time i guess i tend to fall in the later group as you might have guessed although I have been known to be partial to a bit of pigeon in the past. I guess it could be seen as drawing attention to yourself which is not neccessasarily a bad thing is it?? Some people like to colour their hair strange colours and wear strange clothes maybe and what about the men who have the combover hair syle you know the one , that involves combing the one strand of hair over from one side to the other to hide up the bald patch unsussesfully most of the time. They always make me laugh though so maybe thats why they do it. I'll have to ask one of them one day just to see. Back to the point about Disability Badges I wouldn't say i'm particularly proud of being Disabled, and not quite sure if that is actually possible, but I am cetainly not ashamed of it either so I guess what i'm saying is "Wear your badge with pride people" but also never forget that because you got a magic badge that will let you park nearer the store than others doesn't mean you can abuse that privelage and park in the Mother & Baby spaces if there are no Disabled spaces available, unless of course you happen to have children with you of course and however much you hope that a Teenager constitutes a Baby you are not entitled to park there. Right i'm off to see if there are any Mother & Baby campaigners out there banging the same drum as me.

No comments: