Sunday, October 16

Life On The Sofa!!

For about the last week now i've been living quite literally on the sofa downstairs in the Lounge. The reason being that my Chest has been so bad that the movement involved in getting up the stairs to bed etc has been out of the question as on the odd occation of doing so resulted in me strugling for breath by the time i got up there. It's quite a strange feeling not being able to get up there sometimes a feeling of Defeat and Dispair and also feelings that this Blinking Illness keeps reminding me that it's still here, like i need a constant reminder that this thing has invaded my life without invitation. It quite strange that at other times for example if you meet someone new, a friend say, you sub-consiously allow this person into certain parts of your life depending on what you want to share. But with an Illness such as Leukaemia it sort of invades every part of you no matter what you do to try and prevent it. I must admit it has got easier over the last few months compared to what it has been in the past and if anything it's passed over the responsibility of doing this to my Chest now. It seems to dictate to my body what it will or will not let it do although probably not to the extreme's that the Leukaemia did.



That's enough of all them negative thoughts for now as it does become quite depressing and also it's not really me as you might have guessed if you've been mad enough to read my rantings to date. By the way i can recommend a good shrink to anyone in this position. I am still wearing my Badge with pride though.



My hair is starting to grow back strangely as well. Since i started shaving it a while back due to it growing to about a centimeter then falling out, my heads obviously been nice and Bald and Shiny. I decided that as the weather was changing and the cold winds were arriving i would start to let it grow. It appears to be growing in the style of a Steriotypical Monk. Just like a ring around the edge and perfectly Bald and Shiny on top. The problem is i know that before, the sides were growing back curly which my dear hard working student (yeah right) Sister had kindly donated to me through her Stem Cells and i hated it. So i guess i'll probably end up shaving it again.



Quite a serious Blog today for a change and i do appologise to all those expecting my usual drivel, i promise a normal service will return tommorow.



Quack, Quack from the boys too!!


No comments: