Wednesday, October 19

Muted Pleasure!!

It's been a day of Muted pleasure really today. I set off to the Dentist full of intrepedation about picking up my new Gnashers this morning. On the way i stopped at Tesco's to pick up some Fixadent to keep the things from ratling around. Got there in plenty of time in fact i made sure that i was there early as i had to make a mad dash afterwards to the other side of the city for my Lung Function test. Well things didn't start off too well. The dentist came out to the waiting room to let me know that they hadn't brought them down from the lab yet and that they should be there soon. Well 15 mins later they turned up. She called me in to see her and started to explain what the problem had been. Apparently the Head of the lab brought them down to explain to her that they had managed to somehow break the original mould for the top set when they were making them and they were not going to be ready till next week but the bottom set are ready and are in place as we speak. It's just my Luck or lack of it more like it, although i guess it gives me a chance to get used to the bottom set first which apparently are the ones most likely to cause problems.. Right back in the car and the mad dash over to Llandough Hospital some 6 or 7 miles away i guess accross town. Nigel Mansell eat your heart out!!! I arrived bang on 10am my appointment time and the buggers made me wait till 20 past till they called me in. They proceeded to connect me up to all this machinery and made me do various exercises and some walking up different gradients on the treadmill which nigh on killed me. I'm not too bad on the flat although i often get passed by Snails and Slugs but make me go up a ramp or any slight incline and i get in a right mess, puffing and panting not a pretty sight. I finally put up my hand to say thats enough torture and it all stoppped thank god. I need to wait till i see the doc next week for the results as such although they did say that as usual i was only using about 40% of my Lung Capacity. I was actually having a Good Chest Day Today so i wonder what the result would have been if they did it last week when i was strugling in fact it's quite scary to think that i might be only using 1/2 that again.....



On a brighter note i been exercising the boys tonight. they had a good old swim around, in fact i struggled to get them out and ended up pulling the plug out and they stayed in till the very last drop had gone. Making up for the other day i guess with the shower. I been trying to build them a new home the last few days and will hopefully be finishing it soon then you'll be able to have a rare look into their lives a sort of "Birds Eye View" so to speak.



Right back To It see ya later !!!!!

No comments: