Friday, October 28

He's Been Nobbled!!!

Went for my appointment to see the Chest Consultant today. It was up to the usual organised chaotic standard. Go here, wait for 30 mins then go there, wait a further 30 mins then go wait to see the Main Man. Well my 3pm appointment turned out to be 4.30 by the time i got in to see him. We exchanged the usual pleasantry's then i set about trying to make my point that we seem to be getting nowhere with sorting out my chest. I could sense there was something different about him and his attitude to all this, this time and it suddenly dawned on me that when i went to see my Transplant Consultant a month or so back, he was fuming at the lack of treatment i was receiving from the chest people and said that he would write to them and say so and to demand they pull their finger out. Well it looks like he was true to his word and had in fact nobbled the chest consultant. He was in agreement with me that we are not getting to the bottom of this at all and the only way to progress in his opinion is for me to come into hospital and to stay till they find out what it is that's causing me all these problems. He wanted me to come in straight away really but i managed to convince him to let me come in next week so i've got time to get ready and stuff. So i will be waiting for a phone call from his secretary next week to say to go in as there is a bed available, lets hope it's not before weds as i need to get my new gnashers!!! I'm in two minds whether its a good or bad thing really although i'm trying to look at it as a possitive thing, but i do have some feelings that it's a step back after being out for quite a while now and judging on past experience all the tests they've done have not been conclusive, but as he says i need to be in because they simply can't conduct a lot of the tests as an outpatient as quickly and they cant monitor me either. So i guess i'd better start packing up my stuff this weekend in readiness. I'll try and keep you posted whilst i'm gone somehow maybe i'll be able to tap into the mainframe at the hospital who knows, i like a good challenge. Oh No i just had a horrible thought...I haven't told the boys yet and there won't be room for them all to come, maybe i could work out some sort of rota so they each have a bit of a holiday...Yeah that sounds good I'll let them know tomorrow i'm sure they'll be excited. Right i better get some sleep because my nose is hurting now from banging the keyboard all the time when i nod off, so see ya tomorrow hopefully.

No comments: