Tuesday, October 31

3 little things

Well I must say after all the recent event full days it was a welcome break to have nothing to really talk about today, never mind whinge and moan about.

About the only 3 things of any significance were that when the doctor came around to see her favourite patient, well I like to think she thinks of me like that although I doubt this is anywhere near the mark, she mentioned 2 things.  The first being that my Cyclosporine levels were back to where they would expect them to be, in fact probably slightly more than they would like.  So they have reduced the dosage which although is not much just 110mg from 125mg, it is a reduction and heading back away from the Sick Zone as I like to think of it.  The second was to say that she was a bit concerned that my blood salts were a little low too.  They are usually affected by taking things like Diuretic tablets etc.  She said that as I have I have been off these a few days now my levels should have started to normalise.  I can see one pretty big flaw I this and that is, I have been taking these tablets every day as no one told me they were to be stopped.  That might explain why then.  This is a problem that could have happened at any time I guess as I always Self Medicate when I come into Heath Towers.  Some of the nurses come in and go through the drug chart with me although a lot just come in and ask if I have taken them all and I just say yes and that’s it.  Apart from this the doctor explained that they were still trying to contact the Respiratory team at Llandough.  As I found out by looking at my calendar this morning I am actually due to go and see Dr Gelder at the clinic over there on Thursday this week.  What it looks like is going to happen is that I will try and get Judith to come in and take me over there and bring me back which will at least save me having to wait around for the efficient hospital transport and then it looks like it going home on Friday might be on the cards although as all the hassle I have had in the past I never bank on going home on a particular day or time etc  as anything can happen between now and then.

Okay then.  The third thing was that the physio came and subjected me to some mass lung abuse in the form of another marathon walking session and so close after the last time too, she really has a nasty streak in her.  I must add a little note saying that it was, in fact my idea ha ha ha!!  I managed to walk around the same distances as last time but also the first section from the bed out of the room to the corner I repeated on the return trip and not wheeled back as I was last time.  It felt a bit like, well you know when you got married and carried your darling new blushing bride or in the case of women were swept of your feet and carried over the threshold.  Alas in my case Judith carried me over the threshold ha ha ha!!  Well it was nothing like that.!!  I felt just as breathless doing it and also really knackered and in some pain from the muscles that were trying to plead with me to stop torturing them afterwards.  The physio though did point out the fact that my recovery rate was a lot better as in I managed to return my breathing rate back to a normal state in less time than the last and that I have managed to walk a little further this time which are both positive moves.  See there may yet be some hope for me after all.  I have tried to explain to them that there are a couple of things that I want to be able to do in some ways before I go back home.  Well these are the major ones anyhow.  They are, that I want to be able to walk comfortably around the house, all be it downstairs as I need to be realistic, and not expect to manage to get up the stairs quite yet although I have every intention of doing so at some time in the future.  This opens up a few options for me although the main one is to get cooking again which I love.  The second aim is to be able to walk to the car without collapsing half way because of lack of breath and exhaustion.

Things are heading in the right general direction although I know that this improvement will not be an overnight thing I guess I have to make do with small gains.  

There might be some sign of me going home maybe on Friday.  They want me to be seen by the chest team and as it happens I have an appointment booked with them on Thursday, isn’t that convenient?  Providing he gives the all clear or not will either mean go home, stay in Heath Towers for a while longer or even a fate worse than death and that’s a stay at Llandough Hospital.  I’m rather hoping that he will let me go home and just try the community physio approach and exercises I do myself and after one more night at Heath Towers I will heading off back home for some well deserved rest AND DECSENT FOOD!!!! On Friday.  This is the likely approach as he does seem to want to much to do with me and this way he doesn’t have to.

After saying I had nothing to write about it still blinking turns out to be a couple of pages long ha ha!!!  

I’m Off See Ya!!

No comments: