Saturday, March 11

Bored Bored Bored

Bored Bored Bored,

The problem with being in here is really how to pass the time of day apart from sleeping that is.  I know I got the Freeview and the laptop full of Music to play around with nut I’m not a great TV Lover at home and in fact spend little time playing with the computer and most of my time on the internet.  It seems to be all or nothing in here too.  First thing in the morning and I mean first thing, bout 6.30 till 9 am is all go with nurses in and out every couple of minutes for various things then there’s a break then till the doctors come around lunchtime.  Then its sort of just quiet the rest of the day with a bit of a flurry around tea time what with food and drugs then nothing till around midnight for the last IV of the day.  It always annoys me why the rush first thing in the morning.  Especially seeing as they start at 6.30 and breakfast usually arrives around 8.30 they still can’t manage to get the tablets that you need to take before food or on an empty stomach to you before breakfast.  Thankfully I sort out my own medication that way I know what I’m getting and I get it at the right time. Well on past experience it is very wise as I lost count of the times I have been given wrong medication, probably by accident rushing etc etc…

I must stop eating these damn crisps especially as the steroids I’m on cause you to retain fat around your middle and believe me my middle is growing pretty rapidly.  I’m addicted to blinking Walkers Sensations they’re absolutely gorgeous but are in large packets so you just have to eat them all or else they will go off.  At least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it Ha Ha Ha !!!

Jude managed to bring in my own pillow from home yesterday which helps as these here are like sleeping on stone slabs.  She managed to bring in my bestest favourite pillow cases today too.  Winnie The Poo and a Spacemen one and Bob The Builder always makes people laugh and smile.

I’m having Steak Withdrawal Symptoms too since coming in here.  I sort of got into the habit of searching for the elusive T-Bone Steak and after not being able to find one anywhere in the supermarkets or butchers ending up buying another cut maybe 3 or 4 times a week, Well it is a good source of iron and other essentials I need to stay healthy.  Besides from that I need the practise of cooking them to try and get the timing exactly right because when I do manage to find the T-Bone I don’t want to over cook it do I??   Saying that I still like it dripping with blood so I guess that might be hard to do as it’s only in the pan for about 3 minutes in total ha ha ha!!  I’m thinking of writing a book called 100 Ways To Cook Steak.  A recent sort of adapted concoction from a Jamie Oliver book is an accompaniment of Shallots and Chestnut Mushrooms cooked in a little Butter with Chilli, Garlic and Ginger, Fry till they soften and the mushrooms absorb back all the juices then add some Marmalade and cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes to sort of caramelise Mmmmmmmmm  Scrumptious !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well back to my over done Lamb Roast dinner I guess no blinking substitute  although I suppose it is food at least in the broadest meaning of the word.

See Ya !!

No comments: