Monday, March 13

Why Do I Do It??

Why Do I Do It??

How come I always let people convince me of things?  All through school I remember things from my School reports saying things like John is easily led and stuff.

My veins are shot due to the treatments I have been on and the amount of abuse they get each time I have to come in.  Because of the anti-biotics they need to give me I have to have what’s called a Venflon in.  The idea is that they usually last for 3 days before needing changing but me being me they only ever last around a day or so. Well I’ve had 4 put in as many days so I asked yesterday if I could have what is called a Pic Line put in which is a much more robust version that goes into a much bigger vein up near your heart so the risk of it needing changing are a lot less and in fact I once had one of these in for around 2 months.  There are a lot more risks involved such as infection and clotting etc but for me it’s a calculated gamble really.  Well when I found out yesterday that I was only going to have to have 2 more days of iv anti-biotics I let the nurse who was going to do the Pic line talk me into letting her put another Venflon in in a much juicier vein.  Her words were “I Will Guarantee That It Will Last The Weekend” so like a mug I fell for it, hook line and sinker.  Not even 24 later here I am having it taken out and yet another 2 attempts to try and replace it with another one which will no doubt only last another 24 hours. You wait till I see her next week she’s in for a good arse kicking Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well another fascinating day in store at Heath Towers.  I’m in training for the coughing Olympics at the moment.  I’m taking part in the marathon and to be honest I think I broke my own world record last night, it must have been at least 6 hours with no refreshment breaks too.  I don’t know if its just me but there seems to be loads of staff on this morning not that it makes any difference to me as I’m stuck in this blinking Goldfish Bowl and they don’t come in here just wave through the window and occasionally throw in the bread and water. In fact they only seem to come in when they want to inflict some more pain on me ha ha ha!! I’m like an exhibit in a freak show it feels like!!

Just put myself through the usual 80 minute torture that is Wales Rugby team trying to see how many different ways they can humiliate themselves by playing others who can actually play the game.  How come a team can win the Grand Slam (that is to those who don’t know what that means is they beat all other 5 countries) one year then the next get beaten by them all with an almost identical team???? I think they must have been abducted by aliens during the off season and replaced by robots or something or maybe last year was a dream, Well Was It???

Right enough of this rubbish I’m off to catch up on some sleep

See Ya!!

No comments: