Saturday, March 18

I'm Out!!


Hey check out the specks.

I forgot to mention at the start of the last post that I have in fact been released from the great slaughter house. I guess it would have become a bit obvious as you read through the posting what with me going here and there but then again if you are reading this stuff you may not be of sound mind and body.

Well yes I am out and spreading my gospel according to lunatics to anyone who will listen whether it be voluntarily or under duress ha ha ha!

Not a lot has been happening since I got out really I have been trying to regain some level of breathing that does not rely on oxygen. I was all set to go back to the day unit on Thursday till I got a phone call on Wednesday to say that there was no need for me to go and that I should go back next Tuesday instead. This was all well and good I thought but I then had to try get an appointment with the local GP as I will run out of drugs by Tuesday so I didn’t save a great deal after all never mind.

Finally got to have my T-bone steak on Friday WOW!!! That was really worth the wait too. It was absolutely delicious. Nothing fancy just a bit of salt and pepper and some onions and mushrooms to go with it. Mmmmmmm!!!!!

We’ve decided to start as a family the latest diet thing which is The GI Diet.It’s pretty much a Low Carb thing although it seems to be more edible than the previous ones and includes a lot of foods that we eat anyway even a steak now and then thank god!! Lots of Chicken and Fish and Salad and Veg all of which I love. So we’ll see how it goes. I don’t really need to loose any weight although I must try and cut down on the fat as due to the steroids its all storing around my midriff which is growing by the minute and as my skin is still so tight from the GVHD it is really uncomfortable in fact blinking painful. The other benefit of this is that there is a great book by Anthony Worrell Thompson on the GI Diet and he happens to be one of my favourite Celebrity Chefs too and has come up with some very interesting dishes to try.

Okay I’m off to have my Lentil and Bulgar Wheat Stew see ya later!!!!

No comments: