Thursday, March 23

Dare I utter those words I ask myself?? Oh what the heck.. I’m actually having a good day today health wise that is. I feel quite fine although I did have a bit of a headache when I got up this morning although that was somewhat down to partaking of a few too many last night I think. But thankfully that cleared with the help of some pills but don’t tell the nurses mind they’ll kill me. I did make sure my temperature was fine before I took them honestly. Hey at least you can think yourselves lucky I wouldn’t have come in this morning because of a temperature ha ha!!

I had the delightful and extremely wonderful Matron or should I say Ward Sister/Manageress HEATHER (with the Pig Tails) on the phone earlier to enquire about the possibility of putting in another PIC Line on Monday when I go to see Merlin at the Day Unit. She was saying that she had been reading this load of tripe and that she was disgusted that I had not mentioned her name and how wonderful she is so here goes… HEATHER YOU ARE WONDERFULL!!! He he!! How much did you say you would pay me again?? The thing is if she is being brainwashed from reading all this rubbish she is sure going to pass it on to all her nurses oh my god I think I’ve opened a Pandora’s Box haven’t I?? I will have to see when I go on Monday to see the delightful and very steady handed I hope Ailsa (I apologise if I’ve spelt it wrongly honestly) whether she can do it for one which I’m sure she can as Old Gusher my one last remaining accessible Vein is pumping out well at the moment and whether it will be worth it as I’m not receiving treatment through it at the moment only the usual weekly blood test. The Pic line is an amazing thing when you need it not least of all the fact that it keeps the army of Blood Suckers away with their Javelins coming to suck you dry every day you’re an inpatient and the endless flow of antibiotics etc that I seem to need whenever I go in but there is a downside too such as increased risk of infection and Blood Clots etc along with the dangers of actually placing one in too so its not to be taken likely at all. The problem with me is my veins have had it really through all the treatments I’ve had and they are really struggling each time I have to have a Venflon in as you’ve read in the past, sometimes up to 6 or 7 attempts to get one in then it only lasts around 24 hours instead of the usual 3 days so there is good cause to have one in really but we’ll have to see what happens on Monday and I’ll let you know. Ailsa if you’re reading this ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING ON SUNDAY NIGHT RIGHT!!!! I don’t want any shakes on Monday thank you very much.

Okay on a much sadder note I have to let you know that there looks very seriously like I might have a pretty disastrous problem of the feathered kind. I got up this morning and Blue (one of my oldest duckies) was lying in the bath all limp after jumping to his end from the bathroom shelf. He’s had a bit of a runny nose for a few days but seemed to respond to the doses of Lemsip and Night Nurse I been giving him until today that is. Well the Vet has had to report it to the authorities and they are testing for something called Bird Flu I think he said. He told me to keep all my birds indoors and make sure they wrap up warm too. I don’t have a problem keeping em indoors it’s the out doors they don’t like. I’ve dished out the extra woolly jumpers and they do look smart. See I knew that one day all them Salvation Army cast offs would come in handy although they do stink a bit. Well they have been in the cupboard for about 25 years. I’ll have to keep you posted on the results.

Okay that’s enough for anyone to have to endure in one day so I’ll run along now and dream up some more rubbish for tomorrow.

See Ya!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I've found a cure for your blue ducky at this website...
http://www.metro.co.uk/galleries/gallery.html?in_gallery_id=142&in_page_id=3&in_image_id=5277
See you soon Bro.
Love
R