Wednesday, March 29

a Good Natter!!

Went to the Dental department at the Heath this morning. I wasn’t really feeling up to it to be honest but due to me being in and out of hospital so much over the last few months if I didn’t go this would be probably the 4th cancellation which is not a good idea and besides I look forward to chatting to the Dentist Elaine.  She is nice and that coming for me about a dentist really is something as I have been petrified of them all my life till I got to see her. I think if I would have seen her years ago I probably would not be sitting here with this pile of plastic in my gob enabling me to chew on anything.  She didn’t do much just a few running repairs to some fillings in my remaining few teeth but it looks to be honest like I will end up loosing them too over the next few months as they are very weak due to large fillings and also the chemicals affecting the calcium and the enamel on them.

Had a visit today from the lovely Chris, she’s the George Thomas Nurse that comes to see me every once in while when I’m at home.  She’s a real sweetheart and so helpful in fact all the people I have dealt with at George Thomas are great there’s Lorraine the social worker and of course the delightful Sarah the councillor and even the receptionists who as far as I am aware all volunteer are lovely and helpful too.  Well I haven’t managed to see Chris for ages as I’ve been in hospital so much so we had loads of stuff to catch up on, like a pair of old wives gossiping over the garden fence ha ha!!  She’s a really good sounding board too, to try out ideas on as well as her expertise in the various felids of nursing such as Cancer Care as well as Chest Wards has helped a lot.  I was talking to her about this latest treatment that Merlin is on about that I mentioned yesterday and she was quite fascinated with that prospect and said she had some patients in mind that would benefit from such a thing.  In a typical caring fashion too I offered my services to the students that are attached to them at the moment too.  Well you know what I’m like I’ll chat to anyone who will listen and besides mine is such an unusual case what with all the complications that they wont get a better specimen so to speak!!  One quite interesting thing that she came up with which I’ve toyed with the thought on occasions in the past is the possibility in the future of maybe being considered for a Heart & Lung Transplant which sounds a bit drastic I know but if you think along the lines that I have the potential of maybe another 25 employability and the cost of the tax payer paying my benefits for that period of time at least then it may be worth it.  The main health problems with me are by far my chest and then my heart so it would kill 2 birds with one stone you see.  Maybe I will mention it to Dr Gelder the chest consultant when is see him next month if I remember that is you know what my mind is like!!

The builders are ½ done now they have finished the kitchen at last and are on their way to doing the bathroom too. So sadly I Have to manage till tomorrow without a bathroom, and before you start to counger up all
sorts of visions of poor old me having to use a potty or peeing in next doors hedges don’t panic I got a downstairs loo thank god although peeing in next doors hedges sounds  like fun I might have to just go and try that one ha ha.

Okay I’m off to get some rest ready for tomorrow as I’m having the pic line in hopefully but the delectable Karen.

See Ya!!

No comments: