Saturday, October 28

down down

Well what a day this has turned out to be.  Really a case of ups and downs.

As usual I was up with the milkman and subjected to the usual abuse which is commonly known as the Heath Towers Express.  Al started out quite well apart from being a bit tired which is not surprising due to my lack of sleep, I felt fairly good.  My wheezyness had all but gone which is a good sign and was looking forward to day of nothing much really.

The nurse had mentioned that the doctors had wanted me to start to taking my Cyclosporine via IV and not as I have been orally.  They had talked about my Cyclosporine levels in my blood being a bit on the low side yesterday when the Doctors came a visiting but had said nothing about changing to IV.  They seem to think that my chosen flavour of drink I use might be causing the low readings and had asked me to try and stop it for a couple of days just to see.  Although I was a bit gutted as I really do like this drink which is a Tesco’s version of Red Bull I would give it a go.   There is a thing with grapefruit that really effects it I know and the labelling is a bit vague as to whether there is some or not in it as well as the amount of caffeine and taurine probably does help either.  Well after taking a level this morning it appears that the level is on the way up which indicates that the drink was the culprit after all.  They will leave me on oral medication for now and see how it goes.  I’m not sure whether it was just the count that was the problem and also whether the Cyclosporine’s actual effectiveness was affected meaning it wasn’t doing its job.

I had a visit from Fav Cous Jacky and Jessica too which was a welcome surprise.  She came bearing gifts too in the form of a nice Coffee Latte from the concourse which was truly delicious.  We had a good old whinge about the Heath Service etc etc as she has sadly like myself had a lot to do with them due to various Illnesses and conditions etc.  it seems like every time I see Jessica she is about 5 years older.  She’s a young lady now.    God where has my life gone????????????  Shortly afterwards it was Judith’s turn and she brought in Tara and Luke (Her Boyfriend) only because they wanted a lift into Cardiff Town Centre though!!!  She came bearing more gifts too in the form of lovely fresh prawns with seafood sauce and some replenishments in the grape and nuts department.

I had forgotten to be honest with you to take my Celestin Nebuliser in the morning so I decided when Judith had gone I would take it then.  Everything was fine for a short while then the unmistakable noise of a distant rattle could be heard.  It started off real slowly.  But within about 2 hours I was auditioning for Cough Of The Year and would have won hands down.  I was thinking to myself that I hope this doesn’t last nut I am not that lucky.  It’s now 3.05am and I am sat up writing this still coughing badly so much that it hurts all my body due to the physical straining ect.  I have tried everything to stop it.  Heavy Breathing exercises laying/sitting in various positions, cough medications, hot drinks, cold drinks, drugs etc etc all with no success.  As usual all this coughing is making me feel sicky again which I absolutely hate.  It has got me down again and as usual once my chest gets worse along come all the negative thought’s and I tend to fall apart at the seems.  I have been having a good old chat with the lovely Laura and the equally lovely if not Gobby pocket rocket, Rachel.  We were generally chatting about like as we know it and they have done a great job of cheering me up and convincing me I can get through this etc etc.  They really have helped a lot over the last few days and I am extremely grateful for this.  I know that I have a lot of people like these lovely Florence nightingales rooting for me and willing to help me in every way they can and they all just seem to help without me even saying anything although I know I have to start to ask when I do need things.  This is something as I have mentioned lots and lots of timed on here that I have always found hard to do.  It’s like a feeling of admitting I have become less independent which I also know is bloody stupid.

I hope to be able to start to do something about it as the way I have been as in speaking out about problems whilst I have been in here this time and seeing the results of actually doing this maybe has been a good start at least.  I just have to keep it up now.

I thought I would just say a quick hiya to the equally delicious and delectable Lorraine who was looking after me this morning and for the wonderful service she gave as per usual. I especially liked the touch of bringing into the room 4 masks for the student doctors and the registrar when they came in.  I totally agree with her as the doctors never wear them at all apart from very occasionally Merlin does.  Good on you girl I thought.  She is a star!!  I would like to say hello to the nurse who looked after me this afternoon but I actually saw her twice. First time was after she had been on duty about 3 hours to say hi then about 3.5 hours later to give me a tablet and as she is either new or a bank nurse etc I couldn’t tell you her name or what she looked like as at least she was wearing a mask so I couldn’t see her face at all.

I tell you one thing I hadn’t realised before the last few weeks of punishment and that’s how much I have began to rely a lot on lip reading to supplement my hearing loss as well as the hearing aids.  With all the faces covered up it can be very hard to understand what people are saying.  I tend to not wear the hearing aids much in here as the noise from the 2 phones right outside my door is deafening with them on.

Right that’s enough of that for one day see you all tomorrow.

See Ya!!

No comments: