Sunday, October 22

The Weekend!!

Well the weekend is well and truly here again and as you all know this place turns into a ghost town.  I wish though that someone would tell the driver of the Heath Towers Express that he needn’t turn up so god damn early on the weekend as he’s here at 6am on the dot still, the same as during the week.  There really is no need.  I’ve found over the time I have had the Pleasure?? Of coming back and forth here on the ward that quite a number of nurses like to do a double shift as in working all day into the late evening which I guess could make the working week a little shorter or in fact get in a shift of overtime.  I suppose this reflects the fact that it really is quiet here Saturday and Sunday as there are not many brave enough or more like it, stupid enough to do a double shift on a week day, they would need a week off to get over it ha ha.

I did actually end up missing my morning coffee yesterday as there wasn’t any here but I managed to get an extra couple during the day and night to make up for it.  Apart from that nothing else went wrong yesterday so I guess I don’t have much to rant about, but I wouldn’t be surprised that if I dig deep enough I will come up with something.

I have to laugh.  Each time I come in for some much needed treatment I always bring the essentials in with me like, The Laptop, The Digital TV Card and Aerial, My Pillow and sometimes My Quilt including Bob The Builder Cover, oh and things like PJ’s and Toiletries if there’s room.  There is like this routine I suppose I have done so many times now it’s become automatic.  It’s always set up the laptop first including the essential TV Card then chill out and worry about the rest later in the week Ha Ha!!  I have been in so many times now I know exactly where to place the Aerial for the TV on the blinds and at what height the blinds need to be to get the best signal.  This goes for both the single rooms and also for both 4 bedders.  Every time I come in there are always a number of people that are fascinated that I can watch Digital TV Freeview through the laptop whilst I’m here and I spend countless hours demonstrating it etc.  What I should do is buy a few and bring them in with me because I would sell out every time and I would be worth a packet by now.  I recon I could have shifted about 50 or so already as they all say that they are going to go and get one as they are so impressed with it and to be honest I am overwhelmed by it.  The quality and usability, never mind the price are unbelievable and to me it has been a godsend and has probably saved me hundreds if not thousands of pounds that I would have spent to watch the tiny 4 inch bedside TV with its 8 channels at £1.50 a day.  I think Merlin has been talking about getting one for about a year now, I think I might just go and buy him one for Christmas just so that he doesn’t keep expecting the sales pitch every time he sees me.

Well as far as the health is concerned I can actually say I feel slightly better.  I still have a bit of a sore throat to go along with the usual breathing problems and the fact that I am in pieces and struggling to breathe just getting up and walking the 2 metres to the ensuite toilet.  I didn’t notice till just now that I can’t actually remember my chest being wheezy at all yesterday which is an extremely extreemely rare occurrence.  I’ve been on this new anti-biotic for just 2 days and already it seems to have had some effect or it could actually be the Immunoglobulin that’s boosted my immune system enough to be able to fight that much harder.  I don’t care really only that it is getting better that’s all.

Hopefully this is the shape of things to come.  I know the physio’s have plans to get me walking up and down the ward next week so I had better conserve all my energy I readiness.

You’ll laugh at this…..

The slop stirrer who had sparked the whole argument earlier in the week about leaving plates hanging around all day etc is on this morning and she has just come in to collect the dishes from breakfast and turned around and said I heard you have been having problems with people not collecting your plates etc.  The problem is there are a lot of new staff on at the moment and they don’t know what to do not that it is an excuse.  You’ll be okay now as me and Sue (another Regular who spoils me rotten, she is a sweetie) are on so there won’t be any problems. HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Cous
I'm back What a lot of catching up i have to do. Will write next when I have read a whole weeks blog
Hope you escape soon
ps dad will be admitted tuesday 31st so you better be out by then ha ha ha could be in the same ward Oh NOooooooooo!!!!
off to read now
Fav cous

Anonymous said...

Hi John

Glad the ducks made it on their long journey, hope they settle in well and don´t fight too much!!! Take care of yourself,love Vicky and rest of family in Spain